The Battle Captain is responsible for tracking all of the information that passes through the Joint Operations Center (JOC). The Battle Captain distributes weather alerts as required to all users on Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center (CAJMTC). The Battle Captain reports directly to the Director of the JOC. The Battle Captain also provides administrative support consisting of drafting, processing, filing, and maintaining correspondence messages that include military and civilian letters, memorandums, enclosures, endorsements, and transmittal letters. The Battle Captain performs office work directly related to the general operations of the JOC.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
employees on CAJMTC are informed of any inclement weather so they can plan
- Disseminate observations by the National Weather Service to ensure all
accordingly and safely.
messages and emergency travel data.
- Report serious accidents and provide units with assistance regarding Red Cross
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
- Prepare and manage correspondence, reports, and documents.
- Manage office space and operate office equipment.
- Handle incoming mail and other material.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Bachelors in Business Administration or in a related field.
- Two years verifiable administrative experience.
- Ability to work at an accelerated pace.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications including Word, Excel,
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Ability to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and