Behavior Detection Officer
Linxx Global Solutions, a fast growing Government contracting company, with corporate offices located in Virginia Beach, Virginia, is currently looking for an experienced Behavior Detection Officer (BDO) to fill a full-time position at San Francisco International Airport (SFO) located in San Francisco, California. This position is contingent upon contract award.
• Manage Screening Passengers by Observation Technique (SPOT) Team.
• Perform passive observation and engage in voluntary encounters with the public to determine whether elevated behaviors indicate that the individual may be involved in harmful activities against transportation systems.
• Determine baseline information which includes identifying the flight destinations, understanding the anticipated composition of travelers associated with the flights, behaviors to be expected, and assessing deviations from such behaviors.
• Assess multiple travelers simultaneously and use programmatic information to determine whether elevated suspicion exists that may indicate the potential for criminal or terrorist activity.
• Exercise tact and diligence when communicating with individuals to avoid embarrassment to the traveling public and to TSA.
• Interact with individuals exhibiting deceptive behaviors, and analyze and assess individual behaviors to resolve the behaviors or referring the individual for additional screening or law enforcement resolution.
• Document identified behaviors as a basis for referral.
• Perform a range of supervisory human resources functions including, but not limited to: serve as a rating or reviewing official for performance appraisal purposes; approve or recommend awards and recognition, promotions, reassignments, and transfers; counsel employees concerning performance, discipline, and other matters; resolve majority of employee relations issues and only refer the most serious to higher management. Set priorities and assign work and projects to direct reports. Monitor individual performance and provide frequent communication to promote employee development.
• Provide subject matter expertise; mentor employees with regard to work falling under program purview; and help to expand employee knowledge and capabilities to best serve customers and stakeholders and maintain safety.
• Communicate and reinforce Equal Employment Opportunity policies and programs in all areas of responsibility, including selection, training, and promotion; foster a work environment where all employees are treated equitably; and, ensure that TSA employment policies, procedures, and practices are effectively administered.
• Manage and support the collection of various performance metrics in an effort to identify areas in need of process improvement and systemic or individual weaknesses, vulnerabilities, or inefficiencies in programs managed.
• Recommend business practice changes to improve security and efficiency and effectiveness of services, provide justification for human, financial, and procurement (e.g., equipment, supplies, space) organizational needs.
• Coordinate national and local crisis management and incident response protocols.
• Recognize and understand the customer service needs of the traveling public and balance these needs with safety and security.
• Interpret technical aspects of TSA policies, regulations, and directives, etc.
• Work cooperatively with airport and other stakeholders (e.g., Federal, state, local, and military Explosive Ordnance Disposal personnel, behavior detection experts, airlines, etc.). Bring matters needing attention to appropriate representative of the DHS/TSA, the intelligence community, the law enforcement community, etc., to ensure coordinated efforts in criminal, intelligence, and security matters.
• Participate in joint law enforcement exercises and operations, as required.
• Must have one year of experience as an STSO, ETSO, or in other related work managing people or programs in support of aviation or transportation security.
• Must successfully complete all BDO training and OJT requirements.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Must have or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
• Ability to operate in and make rapid decisions pertaining to stressful and dynamic situations while providing exceptional customer service. trans
• Must be able to successfully complete the Screener English Test and Screener Object Recognition Test.
• Must be able to successfully pass all specified tests, interviews, and other evaluations given during the assessment qualification process.
• Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
• Must be willing and able to repeatedly lift and carry baggage weighing up to 70 pounds; bend, reach, stoop, squat, stand, and walk; continuously stand between one and four hours without a break to carry out screening functions; and walk up to two miles during a shift.
• Must meet job-related medical standards that will be assessed in a pre-employment medical evaluation that considers relevant aspects of all body systems (e.g., cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal, auditory, visual ability, and etc.)
Linxx’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, tuition assistance available, work/life balance, paid time off, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Linxx is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.
For more information about Linxx Global Solutions, please visit our website: www.linxxglobal.com. If you require assistance applying for any currently open online position, please contact a Linxx recruiter at 757-222-0300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Linxx Security - 20 months ago