This position involves implementing written positive behavior support plans as directed by a Behavior Specialist. This will include one-on-one behavioral interventions and skill development activities. Services will be provided to children with challenging behaviors ages 8 through 21 in the child's home or other community-based setting.
Currently accepting applications. This will be a part-time only position. Number of hours worked per week range depending on individuals and families served.
- Maintains knowledge of individuals, their health/medical needs, and their service plans. Provides therapy as scheduled and as outlined in each individual's service plan and assists the individual in achieving their goals.
- Maintains an accurate record of services delivered, time worked, and mileage/expenses incurred. Documents data and notes to adequately show individual's progress toward goals on service plan.
- Ensures that Behavior Specialist is informed of events impacting individuals receiving support and services.
- Completes a minimum of 45 hours of training every 3 years in continuing education related to children with developmental disabilities and challenging behavior.
- Other duties as assigned by the Behavior Specialist.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in psychology, education, social work or related field.
- 800 hours of relevant course work and/or training in principles of child development, learning theory, positive behavior support techniques, dual diagnosis, and/or behavior analysis. May be included as part of the degree program.
- Two years of relevant experience in designing and/or implementing comprehensive behavioral therapies for children with developmental disabilities and challenging behavior.
- Maintain licensure/certification with the state of Washington in accordance with the requirements of Chapter 18.19 RCW, if applicable. (For example, a Licensed Social Worker must maintain an active license).
- Ability to lift and transfer 100 lbs. of unbalanced weight.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Willingness and ability to provide excellent customer service and represent the company in a positive, professional way.
- A fun, creative work environment
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Strong support and encouragement from upper management
- Supplemental Insurance products including Critical Illness and Accidental Injury (all employees 20 hours or more)
SL Start is a social services agency providing an array of personalized services for children and adults with developmental disabilities....