Unlock your potential behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to better your skills in a safe yet demanding environment. In here, your expertise is not confined to a small medical unit like the setup in a larger healthcare organization. You'll apply varied assessment skills and work closely among professionals who have more in common than simply sharing a shift. They share a gift. Come work side-by-side with coworkers who share a sense of purpose. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we do our very best to see patients for what they are - patients. Join us.
PRN Behavioral Health Practitioner
( LMHC, LMSW or
LCSW w/2 years correctional experience preferred)
This position could work into a full time oppportunity. Great company to work for!
The selected candidate will provide psychological assessment, diagnosis and individual or group therapy, case management services, referral and follow- up to acute, chronic or moderately disturbed mentally ill patients in a correctional facility; and consultation with outside facilities and/or agencies as necessary.
- Observe patients in various situations; select, administer and interpret psychological tests to diagnose disorders and formulate plans of treatment, and provide consultation to other behavioral health professionals with regard to test results.
- Treat psychological disorders to effect improved adjustments utilizing various psychological techniques; select appropriate treatment approach and plan frequency, intensity, and duration of individual or group therapies.
- Assess patient progress and modify treatment accordingly.
- Document therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implement and adhere to policies which ensure patient confidentiality.
- Provide crisis intervention in situations requiring immediate psychological treatment.
- Participate in and/or conduct educational programs, in-services and workshops to enhance professional self and staff development and maintain currency of methodology and techniques.
- Provide psychological consultations to other behavioral health and appropriate clinical staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services
- 2 years ago - save job