The Behavioral Health Receptionist is part of the person centered integrated care team and responsible for greeting patients as they arrive to the floor, check-in/check-out, verifying demographics and collecting co-pays, if applicable, for all established patients at the Wentzville Office. Work is performed in an office environment and involves frequent telephone contact with patients. Work may be stressful at times and interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Work may require hand dexterity for telephone and office machine operation and sitting for extended periods of time.
· Schedules patient’s next appointment with their Behavioral Health Provider per
the Provider’s instructions
· Checks scheduling system in an effort to coordinate patient’s appointment with
any appointments with other Providers
· Checks notes in database to see if patient is due for paperwork prior to their next
· Answer phones for Behavioral Health Department
· Reschedules appointments when doctors are out
· Monitor waiting area to ensure timeliness of appointments
· Reviews patients insurance status and collects all co-payments from
established patients, if applicable
· Ensure lobby/waiting area is clean and picked up
· Confirmation calls.
· Attends monthly staff meetings as required.
· Conducts self in accordance with Crider Health Center’s employee manual.
· Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
· Verify address and insurance status – accurately enter patient information
· Collect co-pay, if needed
· Receive daily reports from MIS for information needed on patients that have
· Run insurance eligibility on patients 2 days prior to their appt
· Monitor doctors schedule weekly for holes, inform supervisor
· Back up to financial ppw updates
· Other duties as assigned
· High School graduate or equivalent
· Multi-line phone system, word processing and computer experience
· Professional phone skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Minimum of one-year work experience in customer service, preferably in a
medical office setting
The Behavioral Health Receptionists receives supervision from the Central Reception Supervisor.
Crider Health Center is a Community Health Center serving the mental, physical, and dental health needs of citizens of Franklin, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren Counties.
Join Our Team
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. Crider Health Center welcomes all people regardless of race, age, gender, religion, education, nationality, ethnicity, family circumstance, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and physical or mental ability.
Crider Health Center - 12 months ago