Principal Purpose of Job: Lead team of Baggage Wranglers in greeting guests with a lasting, first impression and a farewell that will make them want to return by training staff to ensure Service Standards are consistently met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Ensure a quality guest experience from Bag Wrangler staff from the moment guest arrives to moment of departure. Responsibilities include:
Other Duties: Assist the General Manager, Front Office Manager and Guest Services Manager. Complete special projects as requested. This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the Bag Wrangler Lead position and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of Devil’s Thumb Ranch the responsibilities of this position may change. Bag Wrangler Lead’s must be prepared to accept new responsibilities and transfer others.
- Assist Guest Service Manager / Front Office Manager with interviewing and hiring of Baggage Wrangler staff.
- Work with Guest Services Manager on Scheduling.
- Manage department vehicles, guaranteeing proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Ensure guests are greeted in porte-cochere on arrival by opening vehicle doors, escorting guests to rooms and delivering luggage.
- Valet parking.
- Build an expert knowledge of DTR facilities in order to assist guests and complete tours. Ensure fellow Wranglers have adequate knowledge base to assist guests as well.
- Maintain guest security and confidentiality.
- Ensure amenities are delivered promptly and prior to arrival.
- Manage three department vehicles, guaranteeing proper cleaning and maintenance.
- Ensure shuttle service is available at designated times.
- Attend weekly meetings to stay current on upcoming group needs, ensuring Wrangler staff is prepared.
- Ensure all shifts are covered and assisting to cover gaps when necessary.
- Perform room inspections pre and post arrival as needed.
- Assist Guest Service Agents and Reservationists when necessary.
- Assist in keeping training materials current.
- Stay current on guest issues in order to assist when necessary, and work with Guest Services Manager/Front Office Manager to make decisions that benefit our guests.
- Work with Guest Services Manager on staff scheduling.
- Ensure all shifts are covered by being willing and able to work a variety of shifts and schedules as business needs demand.
Personal Attributes: Should be outgoing and friendly, enjoy working with the public and possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Work well alone or with other team members and be able to appropriately manage others. Professional dress and carry a good attitude. Be flexible to the needs of the department and the Ranch.
Physical Demands: Have ability to stand for long periods of time, able to lift/carry 50-75 lbs and work in indoor and extreme outdoor settings.
Education/Experience: High school diploma required. At least 1 year Bellman/Valet experience required. Supervisory experience desired, but not required.
Special Skills/Equipment: Special Skills/Equipment: Basic computer/email knowledge required, a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to operate hybrid, manual, automatic and diesel vehicles. Minimum of 21 years of age.
Wage Range: $11.00/hour and seasonal bonus.
Devil's Thumb Ranch - 7 months ago