Is it your “Dream” to give the best customer service possible? Do you always look for ways to make connections with people and have the ability to work through any situation that comes your way? If so, it’s time to expand your career with an opportunity to join the iconic Dream Inn as Bell Captain We are currently looking for an experienced and talented " BELL CAPTAIN " to supervise the daily operations of the Bell/Valet staff. The Bell Captain provides the support, training, and tools the Bell/Valet staff requires to make sure that all of our guests are satisfied. All responsibilities are carried out in a timely, accurate, and professional manner, in accordance with Joie de Vivre Hospitality's standards and core values.
Located on Cowell’s Beach, adjacent to the wharf and historic Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Dream Inn is ideal for exploring Santa Cruz and has views of Monterey Bay from every room.
Based in San Francisco, Joie de Vivre is a boutique hotelier that is in the midst of an ambitious national expansion program. Joie de Vivre plans to add 20 more properties by 2015 through management agreements, joint ventures and acquisitions. As a hospitality company, our people are at the heart of what we do. Progressivism, enthusiasm, entrepreneurialism, creativity, and vibrant diversity create our unique corporate culture.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude, a passion for creating memorable experiences, is knowledgeable about Santa Cruz and knows how to have fun!
* Responsible for overseeing the safe and efficient flow of traffic in the hotel entrance area.
* Ensures that courteous, prompt, and consistent luggage assistance is provided to guests in accordance with all JdV and Dream Inn standards.
* Completely familiar with all Hotel facilities, room types, and operating hours.
* Completely familiar with Hotel emergency procedures.
* Maintains proper staffing levels at all times for Bell and Door Services based on arrival and departure figures.
* Assists in oversight of Bell / Valet staff in scheduling, coaching and counseling, etc.
* Provides Hotel information and travel directions to Hotel guests.
* Maintains the cleanliness of Hotel front entrance area and lobby, contacting Housekeeping for major cleaning tasks.
* Assists guests with transportation needs.
* Oversees the storage of guest luggage.
* Coordinates the delivery of faxes, packages, etc. to Hotel guests.
* Maintains adherence to all Guest Services key control and security procedures.
* Maintains condition of bellcloset/ guest services office, picking up any trash, or debris, contacting Housekeeping for major tasks.
* Maintains condition of Hotel lobby, picking up any trash or debris, contacting Housekeeping for major cleaning tasks.
* Handles master keys and bellcloset keys with care and follows proper sign-in/out procedures.
* Trains and monitors the performance of Bell and Door staff.
* Provides up to date information to Bell and Door staff regarding Hotel operating hours, groups in house, and travel directions.
* Ensures that accurate Hotel information and travel directions are given to Hotel guests.
* Ensures that group information board is complete and up to date.
* Organizes and coordinates group bag pulls and deliveries when needed.
* Familiar with the operations of the Front Desk, Concierge, and Valet departments.
* Familiar with guest names and addresses guests by name.
* Answers the telephone in accordance with Service Standards.
* Delivers boxes and packages to guestrooms and meeting rooms.
* Oversees the delivery of newspapers and guest folios as directed by Hotel.
* Other duties as assigned.
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 19 months ago
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...