ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
9. Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
10. Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
11. Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
12. Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
13. Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
14. Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
15. Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
16. Place guest luggage inside room.
17. Identify and explain guest room features to include use of:
a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls
d) clock radio
e) guest services directory
g) in room safe
i) bathroom amenities
j) valet/laundry services
k) door lock
l) ice and vending areas
18. Offer packing/unpacking service, explain pressing and laundry service.
19. Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
20. Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
21. Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
22. Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
23. Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance.
24. Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from their rooms and deliver to (where applicable).
25. Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include:
b) mail, faxes
e) sundry items requested by guest
f) gift items
26. Deliver newspaper to specified guest rooms (where applicable).
27. Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room.
28. Polish brass luggage carts and maintain cleanliness of carts.
29. Document maintenance needs on work areas and submit to manager.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide guest room tours.
2. Assist Door Person with unloading and loading of vehicles.
3. Provide shoe shine service.
4. Place rollaway beds and refrigerators in guest rooms.
5. Deliver extra towels, bathrobes and other items to guest rooms.
6. Assist Parking Attendant with parking and retrieving vehicles, security of vehicle keys and accurate recording on vehicle claim tickets (where applicable).
7. Arrange for theater tickets, flowers and other items.
1. Valid New Jersey drivers license.
2. Good driving record.
3. Must have good understanding of the English language.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with others - both verbally and written.
5. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
6. Ability to compute basic arithmetic.
7. Ability to:
perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
prioritize and organize.
be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
follow directions thoroughly.
understand guests service needs.
work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
work with minimal supervision.
maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Experience in hospitality industry in similar position.
3. Knowledge of the local area.
4. Ability to suggestively sell.
5. Ability to access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
6. Previous guest/customer relations training.
1. Exert physical effort in lifting/transporting at least 50 pounds.
2. Push/pull carts and other equipment up to 250 pounds.
3. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
4. Reach five feet.
5. Must be able to stand and exert well paced mobility for up to 8-hours in length.
6. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
7. Work environment - Hotel lobby and entrance areas, all guest areas. Job involves working under variable temperature conditions and noise levels, in indoor and outdoor settings, and around fumes and/or odor hazards, dust and/or mite hazards, and chemicals.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job