The Bellman will assist guests at hotel with luggage and/or personal services. He/she may take messages, arrange or give advice on transportation, business services or entertainment, or monitor guest requests for housekeeping and maintenance.
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
- Place guest luggage inside room.
- Identify and explain guest room features to include use of: a) air conditioning/heat units and thermostat controls b) telephone c) television d) clock radio e) guest services directory f) mini-bar g) in room safe h) lights i) bathroom amenities j) valet/laundry services k) door lock l) ice and vending areas Offer packing/unpacking service, explain pressing and laundry service.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
- Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Remain in assigned post position, maintaining correct stance.
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from their rooms and deliver to (where applicable).
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include: a) messages b) mail, faxes c) packages d) flowers e) sundry items requested by guest f) gift items Deliver newspaper by a.m. to specified guest rooms (where applicable).
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room.
- Polish brass luggage carts and maintain cleanliness of carts.
Education & Experience:
1. Valid (state) drivers license.
2. Good driving record.
3. Must have good understanding of the English language.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with others both verbally and written.
5. Provide excellent customer service and maintain a professional demeanor.
6. Ability to compute basic arithmetic.
Crestline Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job