As a Benchmarking and Applications Analyst, you will support the sales and marketing of Cray’s products. This is an entry-level position; we welcome recent graduates to apply. Strong candidates lacking some of the qualifications will be considered, with the expectation that they would acquire them on the job.
Cray’s business is dynamic and fast-paced. We seek motivated engineers who will consistently deliver the high-quality results demanded by our customers. We highly value clear, independent thinking and innovative approaches to new problems.
The primary duties will include:
Running benchmark tests in a timely manner, to support Cray hardware sales.
Optimizing customer scientific applications to allow Cray to submit competitive proposals.
Providing high quality support to Independent Software Vendors to position Cray as a highly valued partner to these vendors.
Collaborating closely with colleagues across the company to produce optimal results.
Providing segment-specific technical consultation to Sales and Marketing team to enable Cray to grow its business in new areas
Deadlines are often short, and there can be off-hours work to take advantage of system availability. Travel is expected to be minimal.
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s or PhD preferred) in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, s, etc.).
- Experience/coursework with scientific/engineering software for distributed memory systems.
- Keen analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- Academic or industry experience in Oil & Gas , Structural Analysis, Life Sciences, Computational Fluid Dynamics, , or other technical field.
- Expertise with several of the following programming tools, and the ability to quickly learn others:
- Python and other scripting languages
- Application performance profiling tools and debugging tools
- Experience with various High Performance Computing platforms a plus.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- The willingness and ability to work under demanding deadlines and to coordinate multiple tasks.
Cray Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cray - 18 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....