A Benefit Analyst (BA) assists the Benefit Consultant in the day-to-day needs of the business. Typical functions include but are not limited to sending quote requests to insurance carriers asking them to bid on health and ancillary plans for the employer/client, preparing spreadsheets to display and communicate this information and present to clients. The BA is responsible for following the “renewal time-line” and completing all renewal tasks in a timely manner. The BA is also responsible for new business quoting for the Employee Benefit Specialist
1. Tracking renewal dates for all lines of coverage in assigned block of business
2. Following up with clients to obtain updated census information
3. Obtaining health quotes for groups of over 100 lives
4. Sending, tracking and following up on quote / RFP requests to carriers (grps 100+ and ancillary)
5. Preparing spreadsheets to display and communicate carrier information for presentation to client based on Benefit Consultant’s recommendations
6. Scheduling appointments for the Benefit Consultant to present proposal information
7. Updating/documentation of renewal plan information in internal database system
8. Assisting with special projects as needed
Proficient in MS Excel with a working knowledge of how to do formula's, charts and graphs in excel.
A strong working knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook and the Internet. Database knowledge is a plus. Able to learn online carrier systems and programs.
Excellent problem solving skills. Persistent to achieve the end result—resolution.
Strong organizational skills, including daily prioritizing and logical thinking.
Service-oriented; kind, compassionate, and willing to work hard on another person’s behalf.
Good communication skills. Clarity andaccuracy are key.
Excellent phone skills, being responsive, empathetic, and honest with the information to be shared.
Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
Able to work with others in teams; able to work with those who perform similar jobs as well as complimentary roles.
1. Bachelors in Business, Finance, or Marketing preferred. Industry experience can substitute requirement for degree.
2. A working knowledge of employee benefit plans, understanding HMOs, PPOs, HSAs, indemnity plans, as well as ancillary coverages such as life, disability, dental and voluntary insurances is preferred.
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....