Represent Washington Dental Service (WDS) at benefit fairs as assigned. Greet and distribute dental plan information and respond to questions about the various plans available to the fair attendees. These are temporary positions and candidates will need to have fulltime availability August thru November 2013 and occasional availability Winter and Spring 2014.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Greet and present WDS dental benefit plan information and address questions asked by benefit fair attendees.
· Set up benefit fair table with appropriate materials.
· Break down benefit fair table and return all materials to WDS timely.
· Complete a comprehensive benefit fair survey after each assignment.
· Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and proof of current automobile insurance.
· Pass a Background check that allows access to schools, government agencies, airports and law enforcement agencies.
· Present professional appearance and willingness to wear Washington Dental Service issued attire if requested.
· Attend annual 1 day training session in August.
· Be most available to work during peak months of October-December.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Possess clear understanding of the various WDS dental benefit plans and be able to explain them to benefit fair attendees.
· Pick up and deliver materials that may weigh as much as 50 pounds.
· Be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel; have access to a computer; and have an active email account.
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to represent WDS in a professional manner
· Exhibit strong customer service skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university, and three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Washington Dental Service - 6 months ago
Washington Dental Service, a member of the Delta Dental Plans Association, is the leading dental benefits company in the state of...