The Benefit Investigation Rep for Initial Intake (BI Rep) will assist in the verification and entry of patient demographics as they relate to insurance coverage information. Validates the patient billing information presented by client and selects and completes the insurance coverage information for the patient.
- Review case and insurance coverage information to customize the contents of the call to the patient.
- Select the appropriate HARP internal software insurance code based on the insurance provided by the client in the patients scanned requisition records.
- Enter all insurance coverage information as noted in the patients scanned requisition record.
- Screen and direct to client missing patient and demographic data that is critical to a claim processing with a carrier.
- Initiate contact with the client Customer Service division or the ordering physicians office when key data elements are missing from the patients scanned requisition record.
- Meet benefit investigation process standards by completing the work list tasks in a timely manner and/or reporting to management when assistance is needed.
- Participate in team meetings by sharing the details of cases worked.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience.
- Proficient and attentive to details.
- Knowledge of health insurance terminology and the billing process or equivalent.
- Possess superior customer service skills.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Able to multi-task, establish priorities, and work independently.
Learn more about Benefit Investigation Rep
CareerBoard - 16 months ago