• Partner and consult with Manager of Benefits in administering the firm’s benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, FSA and various other programs.
• Independently, provide and maintain the highest level of client service to internal and external clients and service providers, using judgment and discretion to respond to inquiries.
• Collaborate and partner with Benefits and HR staff, consultants and vendors to ensure work and information flow smoothly.
• Participate in and provide expertise and support for special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
• Direct responsibility for the benefits on-boarding process including presentation of benefits information.
• Responsible for entering all health and welfare benefit elections into PeopleSoft and printing confirmation statements. This includes new hire activity, change in family status activity and various changes of elections.
• Primary point of contact with vendors for ancillary benefits (e.g., long term care insurance).
• Direct responsibility for the accuracy and timeliness of all interfaces sent to carriers and vendors. This includes responsibility for management of both internal and vendor reports and annual audits.
• Primary resource for benefit reporting requests, report design and information and accuracy. Including ad hoc report requests, ongoing weekly, monthly and custom reports.
• Administer the wellness program and a variety of other programs related to employee benefits and employee health/fitness.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• A BS or BA degree preferred and at least two years work experience in health and welfare benefits.
• Knowledge of FMLA and COBRA regulations and requirements.
• Highly proficient in Windows based applications, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and the HRIS, PeopleSoft.
• Positive attitude, good attention to detail and commitment to excellent customer service.
• Clear and concise writing skills to effectively communicate and exert appropriate influence to drive successful outcomes for programs/projects.
• Ability to work in a team environment and individually, as well as a desire to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm's internal and personnel matters.
• Flexible and able to work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and respond quickly to changing priorities. Contribute a high level of output to achieve goals and team deliverables.
• Deliver consistently, high-quality execution of complex programs/projects. Share alternative solutions to identify a better end result to specific issues or problems facing the team and quickly assess situation for best course of action.
• Work in a collaborative style and environment and actively solicit input from diverse perspectives to improve team and department deliverables.
• Maintain a professional demeanor in all situations and interact effectively with all levels, including lawyers, management, staff and retirees.
• Respond positively to feedback and suggestions.
• Work independently or in collaboration with Managers and/or other staff.
• Work effectively within a culturally and educationally diverse, multi-office environment.
Normal office environment and schedule.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job, and is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.