Reporting to the US Director of Human Resources and Retention the Benefits Administrator’s primary responsibility is the administration of the US Employee Benefit Plans.
• Oversees primary administration for US HR employee benefit plans for the US company employees including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance programs, 401(k) program, flexible spending accounts, and wellness program.
• Oversees the US Benefit Administration System (People Soft) including the self service text, data tables, structures, files and interface requirements. Insures the integrity of the US HR benefits data system.
• Administers Event Maintenance for status changes, new hires, and benefit enrollments, including system maintenance.
• Administer and maintain the open enrollment process
• Run monthly reports to ensure all benefits have been updated accordingly (ie: position changes, terminations, etc)
• Review, edit, and distribute summary plan descriptions in a timely manner
• Administer fully insured life insurance, process life insurance claims, verifies the calculation of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
• Review and respond to weekly discrepancy reports from the insurance carriers
• COBRA administration
• Process medical support orders
• Initiates medical and option forms and/or affidavits; arranges for completion and submission within time limits.
• Assists with implementation of new benefit programs; arranges and conducts employee information presentations and enrollments.
• Assists in preparation of Form 5500.
• Provide monthly and quarterly reports to brokers/vendors
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Possesses and demonstrates the ability to perform assigned tasks in a manner that adheres to the companies Safety, Health, Environmental and Security policies.
• Previous experience in PeopleSoft 9.1 or similar HRIS preferred
• Advanced skills with MS Word and Excel
• Strong commitment to customer service
• Must communicate and conduct business in a professional manner
• Strong time management skills for multi-tasking
• Punctual and regular attendance is a minimum requirement of this position
• Must keep information confidential
• Knowledge of Federal and state laws relating to benefits including but not limited to: HIPPA, COBRA, ERISA
• Experience in administration of benefits across multiple states
• Mandatory High School Diploma
• Preferred Associates or Bachelors Degree
Interested applicants please send your resume to:
Trimac Transportation - 13 months ago
From its inception in 1945, Trimac Transportation has consistently sought and achieved industry leadership, and has a proven reputation for...