The Benefits Administrator generates, updates, and maintains employee benefit records. This position provides direction and knowledge to assist employees, physicians, and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Administer benefit programs, including health, dental, life, short term disability (STD) and long term disability (LTD), and Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Assist in the education and communication of benefit programs.
Organize enrollment meetings, distribute orientation packets, and monitor the completion of benefit documents ensuring accuracy.
Assist with the preparation of meeting materials, including Powerpoint presentations, graphs, written documents, and collection of data.
Coordinate COBRA notification and retiree billing to terminated/retired employees and/or d
Ensure timeliness of notification according to company and regulatory guidelines.
Audit benefit deductions against enrollment records and vendor billings.
Assist with Wellness programs that attract and retain employees and gain competitive advantage.
Research healthcare and FMLA compliance and regulatory issues to advise and support the organization.
Associate’s degree in
Human Resources or Business
Minimum of 3 years
HR or benefit experience required.
Experience with FMLA preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Knowledge of HR, FMLA, STD, HIPAA, and LTD compliance issues.
- Ability to effectively manage STD and FMLA cases.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
- Ability to provide accurate, professional and error-free documents on a timely basis.
- Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow processes and comply with laws and regulations in order to limit company exposure to lawsuits.
Vermeer is an EEO/AAP/M/F/V/D employer
May 7, 2013, 2:30:04 PM
Vermeer Corporation - 10 months ago
Vermeer's products have the power to move the earth. The company manufactures a slew of production and farm equipment, distributed...