The Benefits Analyst will function as the lead internal resource for the operation and administration of the Health & Welfare and retirement plans provided by the Company. The record keeping and administrative functions are outsourced to a service provider and this individual will be the primary liaison with the service provider and responsible for ensuring that the service provider fulfills its contractual commitments with respect to operational accuracy, customer service, performance guarantees and administers the plans in accordance with the plan documents.
- Responsible for day to day integration with Payroll and HRIS providers to ensure accuracy of data, manage error reporting and various vendor reports related to administration of all plans
- Responsible for thedevelopment, maintenance, ongoing adherence and testing of the key internalcontrols. Design process routines; identify risks and design appropriatecontrols
- Manage the annualretirement plan projects (OBRA, Profit Sharing, Pension Plan Valuation)
- Coordinate periodicoperational and administrative reviews to ensure that requirements documentation accurately reflects plan documents and that plans are being administered consistent with plan provisions
- Coordinate annual enrollment updates and testing with vendor partner
- Monitor, analyze and research utilization reports and trends. Participate in the design of new benefit policies, programs, practicesand provides recommendations in planning, development and implementation of program changes; perform electronic data reconciliations on an as needed basis
- Assist in the development of Request for Proposals and contract renewals
- Independently research a variety of related complex requests and issues, working to resolve within the confines of the law and plan documents
- Assist with the implementation of new plan designs or vendor implementations. Maintain and update benefit design templates
- Special projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years experience with retirement and H&W plan administration.
- Strong problem solving and analytic skills to assemble and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of personnel
- Excellent organizational skills to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of ERISA and employment and benefits law
- Ability to reconcile and calculate benefit values and related informational data.
- Must be adaptable and able to function in time-sensitive environment.
- Strong analytical skills to resolve complex tasks and automated processing procedures .
McGraw Hill Financial - 11 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....