The Benefits Analyst plays a critical role in providing benefits planning, design and administrative expertise for Capella Education Company. This role is responsible for benefits consulting, benefits administration, and benefits communication. The Benefits Analyst also provides Tier 2 support for the HR Service Center in the HR Shared Services organization model.
This position plays a critical role in the ongoing management of the comprehensive Capella Education Company benefits package. Internal business partners (e.g. HR Generalists, HR Recruiters) and external business partners (e.g. Finance. Legal, IT) rely heavily on the Benefits Analyst for benefits expertise. Benefits knowledge, technical aptitude, process improvement orientation, consulting skills, attention to detail and teamwork orientation are key factors for success in this role.
Essential Functions of the Position
Essential functions / responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Provides leadership in all aspects of the Benefits function including benefits planning, design, administration and communication
- Provides subject matter expertise for all Capella benefits plans including medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, short term disability, paid time off and 401k plans
- Participates in the ongoing analysis of benefit plans to ensure competitiveness, cost effectiveness and legal / regulatory compliance
- Serves as super-user for PeopleSoft E-Benefits module
- Researches, benchmarks and analyzes competitive market data and best practices for benefits plans
- Participates in managing vendor relationships with benefit brokers, benefit plan administrators and outsourced benefits administration partners
- Leads the annual benefits open enrollment processes
- Provides benefits consulting expertise to Capella employees, managers and HR colleagues
- Partners with internal business partners (e.g. HR Generalists, HR Recruiters) and external business partners (e.g. Finance, Legal, IT) regarding all aspects of the benefits function
- Develops and delivers benefits communications and training
- Provides work direction to HR Service Center Specialists in ongoing benefits administration
- Provides Tier 2 support to address complex benefits issues escalated by the HR Service Center
- Evaluates and continually improves benefits systems and processes
- Develops and administers audit processes that ensure data integrity and compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Business related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- 3-5 years of Benefits experience required
- Experience with PeopleSoft E-Benefits module strongly preferred
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in process improvement initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of all health & welfare and retirement benefit plans
- Professional, customer service oriented approach to work in a fast-paced, for-profit environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize the work of multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Follows through and ensures appropriate resolution of issues or problems
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of business partners
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism in working with sensitive and personal information
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 34,900 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...