The Benefits Analyst is responsible for providing support for health and welfare benefits administration including researching and responding to questions from managers, HR generalists, vendor partners, employees and retirees. For more complex issues, the analyst will provide back-up info and forward to the appropriate benefits staff member for response; directing appeals to the Benefits Manager for response. The benefits analyst will reconcile and process monthly vendor invoices and quarterly retiree reimbursements; conducts audits concerning data integrity in HRIS system.
Position Summary Criteria:
- Manage the day to day activities involving the benefit plans and ensure that the plans are operating efficiently and within the scope of benefit plan guidelines through employee customer service, compliance activities, and periodic data integrity audits; advised employees and mangers on the interpretation of benefit policies, programs.
- Applies established procedures to analyze, evaluate and implement solutions to resolve problems on behalf of employees and retires ensuring quick, equitable and courteous resolution.
- Reconciles and processes premium payment and reimbursements on assigned benefit plans; reconciles premium billing to enrollment records with HR PeopleSoft Benefit Admin, vendor enrollment/payment systems and internal finance department.
- Responsible for performing benefit transactions in HR PeopleSoft Benefits Module and subsystems (e.g. Retiree Health) to administer and process enrollment for assigned benefit plans (e.g., active & retiree health, dental, vision, life, FSA, commuter, LTC),
- Conducts new hire benefits orientation and prepares materials for distribution; responsible for administering the Open Enrollment process involving communication with the Home Office and all Field associates as well as all retirees to maintain or change their benefits for the upcoming plan year; coordinates vendor visits and annual benefits fair; .
- Analyzes all benefits related paperwork (i.e. enrollment forms, payroll deduction forms) for completeness; processes enrollment and qualified event transactions in a timely fashion within enrollment and payroll processing guidelines; maintains employee benefits files and all benefit transactions in HR inquiry database.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Education and Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of health and welfare plans and related regulatory issues to properly administer health and welfare benefits including qualifying events status changes, cafeteria plans, FSAs, Medicare, COBRA, NYS Age 29 Law, FMLA and NYS Disability Law.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employee population; explain Emblem benefits plans and to represent Emblem with the highest level of professionalism; demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling difficult and sensitive situations with callers.
- Proficient with Microsoft office software (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and HRIS/PeopleSoft.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive employee information.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and in writing, including preparing own written correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems and to prioritize activities, maintain comprehensive records and complete written reporting of activities.
- Strong analytical and organization skills, must be detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a team developing cooperation and collaborative work efforts toward solutions benefiting all parties involved.
- Proven experience completing multiple assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Strong customer service ethic.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience with health and welfare benefits administration.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience performing benefit transaction in PeopleSoft HR version 8 or higher.
EmblemHealth - 21 months ago
Sales Operations Analyst
New York, NY
- 1 day ago
New York, NY
- 45 minutes ago
Healthcare Policy and Research Weill Cornell Medical College New York, New York
New York, NY
- 1 day ago
EmblemHealth is set on being the mark of good health in the Northeast. The not-for-profit company provides health...