representing a high level of technical expertise in Health and Welfare and Retirement benefits.
Responsible for conducting day-to-day adminsitration, managing various third-party vendors and outsourced providers.
Researches, analyzes and resolves benefit issues, ensures compliance and develops and makes recommendations for
modifications to benefit plans and programs to meet business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provides advice and guidance to generalists and other internal or external clients on benefit issues and trends, to ensure consistent plan administration and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
2. Performs analysis and research on benefit plan issues and other related activities, which may include but are not limited to, complicated benefit appeals, preparing total compensation statements, evaluating plan changes, developing processes to meet filings requirements, etc. Participates on project teams.
3. Oversees the implementation of designated benefit plan and coordination with other internal and external partners. May provide applicable training and support to end-users.
4. Works with outsourced groups to resolve issues and to ensure policies and procedures meet service agreements.
5. Develops report queries and creates customized reports for decision-making using HR and other business applications.
6. May act as designated technical resource for a specific area of benefits such as health & welfare plans, retirement plans, or ERISA.
7. May provide guidance to less experienced benefits staff.
8. Participates in benefit association and industry functions.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or above.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Solid technical knowledge of benefit theory, practices and applicable laws.
2. Knowledge of human resources theory, practices and applicable laws, the insurance industry, organization and business unit.
3. Solid knowledge of the organization's practices and procedures.
4. Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
6. Good presentation skills.
7. Good consultative, facilitation, and project management skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
8. Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
9. In-depth knowledge of benefit software applications and the ability to effectively provide system administration and end-user support.
10. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, as well as other business related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree, or equivalent. Professional designation (CEBS) preferred.
2. Typically a minimum four years experience in a human resources, financial or related area.
CNA - 20 months ago