Job Title: Benefits Coordinator – HR
Summary: Under general supervision, this senior level HR position performs specialized duties in support of the Human Resources functions to include areas such as on-boarding, benefits, payroll, and human resources information systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers Company benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, voluntary benefits, group life insurance, and FSA.
• Processes benefit related human resources documents.
• Verifies completeness, accuracy and consistency of data and related reports.
• Performs basic mathematical computations.
• Reconciles monthly insurance invoices.
• Completes paperwork for disability claims.
• COBRA administration.
• Develops and prepares communications to employees about benefits programs, procedures, claims and any other government mandated disclosures.
• Point of contact for workers compensation claims.
• Conducts open enrollment activities on an annual basis.
• Assists employees in completing benefit forms and transactions.
• Gathers and consolidates data for reports following general instructions.
• Prepares correspondence and recurring reports.
• Assists in updating and maintaining benefit files and databases.
• Reviews and audits data for accuracy.
• Ensures confidentiality of information as required.
• Operates manual and automated office equipment to prepare and maintain documents and information.
• Serves as back-up Payroll Administrator.
Education: Two year degree required; A Bachelors degree in Human Resources or Business Management preferred;
Experience: At least 7 to 5 years of experience in health insurance administration with knowledge of claims processing procedures a plus.
Skills: Extensive experience with third party administration processes is necessary. Some clerical duties are included. Requires demonstrated, advanced knowledge of general Human Resources principles and practices including those pertaining to compensation, ethics, affirmative action, payroll and benefits administration, with specific knowledge of the current laws and regulations governing these areas. Demonstration of critical thinking and analytical skills is essential. Requires well-developed and highly effective listening, oral and written communication skills, including the ability to receive, process and present both strategic and tactical information to diverse audiences and maintain effective, and; build collaborative relationships with outside organizations, vendors, business leaders, management and staff. Must demonstrate the ability to balance accountability with compassion when interacting with staff at all levels; must demonstrate sensitivity with staff representing all areas of diversity, including race, ethnicity, ability, age, sexual orientation and religious beliefs/faith practices. Demonstrated computer proficiency is a must including experience using MS Office applications and HRIS. This individual must possess the ability to demonstrate flexibility in multi-tasking, manage high demands on their time and changing priorities, meet planned and unplanned deadlines, and have an aptitude for managing detail oriented work. Must demonstrate the ability to be an independent thinker who knows when to ask for help.
Benefits - TAPE, LLC offers employees a wide range of quality benefits. Fringe benefits such as Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance and Group Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance are offered with the company paying all or some of the cost of those benefits. Voluntary benefits such as Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, 401K, Ortho Discount Plan, and additional Life Insurance are also offered at the cost of the employee. TAPE also offers additional benefits, such as tuition reimbursement, employee assistance programs, vacation, sick leave, and ten paid holidays per year.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Technical and Project Engineering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Known for its systems engineering expertise, TAPE provides technological, management/program support, and training solutions to government...