Clinic Manager / Benefits Coordinator
POSITION SUMMARY (Briefly describe the position)
Provide the following information and assistance regarding health insurance and benefits to elder people, disabled Medicare beneficiaries, and their family, partners, and caregivers. Coordinates and facilitates the enrollment of patients to local, state and county programs.
Note: The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualification required of employees assigned to this job. Revise 08/21/2012.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education : (Preferred)
• Certified Application Assistant (CAA Certificate)
Experience : (Required)
• Bilingual English/Spanish (Required)
• Familiar with Medi-Cal, Healthy Families and Healthy Way LA
• Must have two years CAA experience
• EHR- Electronic Health Record (Required)
• PMS- Practice Management System (Required)
• Employees are responsible for maintaining individual certifications as required by job function or by law and provide
verification and recertification when requested by management.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES. We acknowledge that all employees should have goals and objectives that support the Mission of St. John’s and that each should be accountable for personal, team and organizational goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists patients in completing applications and forms for private and Med-Cal.
• Processes applications and verifies eligibility during the patient visit.
• Demonstrates understanding SJWCFC policies and procedures.
• Creates positive telephone communication in a professional manner.
• Handles Medi-Cal renewals on an annual basis to retain coverage.
• Completes production reports, Med-Cal reports, Communication Sheets, PCP changes and tracking.
• Maintains personal appearance when interacting with patients, staff and physicians.
• Handles patients who do not qualify with care empathy.
• Educates patients
• Works with clinicians to identify and qualify patients for financial assistance programs.
• Attends meetings as required for updates.
• Attends champ Net training for Medi-Cal updates.
• Coordinates with all state and county programs in efficient manner.
• Keeps up with changes in programs as appropriate.
• Electronic Health Record (EHR) inputting prescriptions and patients chart.
• Practice Management System (PMS) Registration, Scheduling and Billing.
• Must be able to cope in a “fast pace” environment.
•Perform other duties as assigned
St. John's Well Child & Family Center - 2 years ago