This position is responsible for developing, implementing and administering the firm’s benefits strategies, programs and policies in addition to managing HRIS and payroll administration for the firm. Evaluates competitive practices, recommends actions or programs and interprets regulations, policies and procedures. Responsible for planning and communicating benefits offerings for the firm. Maintains professional relationships with benefits brokers and vendors to develop, evaluate and implement programs.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Benefits Administration – Manages benefits administration for all US and Canadian offices. Manages renewal negotiations with employee benefit vendors and brokers. Also manages day-to-day relationship with brokers, vendors, and employees. Along with VP of HR, plans and communicates employee benefit strategy and offerings for the firm. Other benefit responsibilities include benefit plan changes, open enrollments, and health and welfare plan administration (disability [STD, LTD], HCRA, DCRA, Life, Medical, Dental, employee 401(k) program), employee exit program, transportation programs, LOA administration and time off tracking. Reconciles monthly vendor invoices.
- HRIS- Manages and maintains firm-wide HRIS (currently Ultipro). Provides regular management reporting of key HR metrics. Provides project management for any related software changes/upgrades and implementation.
- Compensation Administration – Manages US and Canadian payroll administration for the firm in coordination with the Finance team; provides support for annual pay planning.
- New Employee Welcoming – Manages new-hire benefits orientation program.
- Compliance– Manages all benefits related compliance activity (ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA) firm wide as required by federal and state regulations.
- Policy/Procedures – maintains benefits related HR procedures, employee files, handbook and AG InSite updates.
- HR Projects – Responsible for management of various HR projects.
- Manages one to two direct reports.
- Engage in office work using a computer and telephone.
Factors for Assessing Performance (Functional Competencies):
- Equivalent of 5+ years experience in human resources, preferably in professional services firm. Benefits, payroll and HRIS experience required. HRIS software selection and implementation experience preferred. Exposure to Canadian benefits administration a plus.
- Hands on management style required, willingness to pitch in and operate as an individual contributor is essential.
- Experience managing administrative staff.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Strong PC capability (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access; Lotus Notes)
- Functional/Technical Capabilities – Demonstrates technical competence and effectively delivers support in area of expertise.
- Customer Service – Responsive to internal and external requests; Provides high quality service and support.
- Communication – Communicates clearly and listens to requests effectively.
- Teamwork/Working Characteristics – Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others and independently. Demonstrates initiative and ownership.
- Project Management – Effectively manages projects, meeting necessary deadlines.
- Problem Resolution – Resolves problems quickly and effectively.
- Sense of humor.
Analysis Group - 15 months ago