The Benefits Manager -- US Health & Welfare is responsible for provision of subject matter expertise on all Health & Welfare benefits matters supporting all SET areas (and MedImmune if applicable) in the US including:
* drafting policies
* current & future plan design & management
* management of the flexible or other benefits enrolment arrangements
* complex case handling
* health and wellbeing
* support for the HR network
Supports the Benefits Lead/Director in ensuring that the Benefits strategy, plans and policy across the US contribute to the achievement of the Business Strategy, specifically by supporting the Total Reward Strategy.
Works with colleagues in HR, Finance & Legal to ensure that the development & execution of the Benefits Strategy is a reflection of the needs of the business, its people, and Total Reward Strategy.
* Collaborate with colleagues in Benefits, Compensation, HR, Finance, Legal and SHE to ensure that the execution of the Benefits Strategy is a reflection of the needs of the Business, People, and Reward strategy.
* Consult on and interpret the various needs of the Business, as identified regionally and locally [by Global Process owners, and across all SET areas].
* Evaluate the impact of current and evolving business needs on benefits, regionally and locally, and prioritise benefits activities in a way that reflects the overall needs and priorities of the business.
* Engage with colleagues in Group Treasury and Group Finance to ensure that the execution of financing aspects (including funding, investment and accounting) of the Benefits Strategy are a reflection of the needs of the Business strategy.
* Influence HR, Finance, Procurement and other colleagues to ensure that available cost efficiencies and benefits structuring are taken advantage of in order to maximise value.
* Work with the Global Health & Wellbeing Lead to ensure health and wellbeing strategy is delivered within assigned country, including appropriate alignment with Health Connects Us All initiatives and the SHE strategy.
* Implements local benefit strategy through development and management of key benefit programmes in local market
* Reviews benefits provision, monitoring cost and financial impact of provision and competitiveness of package to market. Projects future funding requirements and works with providers to maximum effectiveness of provision.
* Oversees annual renewal negotiations and vendor selection/market reviews ensuring that AstraZeneca is maximising its purchasing power in leveraging local/regional/global relationships
* Works with vendors to define and achieve service level agreements
* Acts as an expert resource, managing benefit delivery in specified areas and providing advice on benefit practice, integration issues (e.g. mergers and acquisitions) within own area and across the wider HR community.
* Supports in the communication of benefit programmes both within and outside the HR team.
* Working across the HR function and business, aligns benefit programme delivery with wider HR and business objectives, ensuring interventions are integrated in a consistent way that supports AZ's organisational objectives
* Manages relationships with providers.
* Reviews benefit policies, ensuring adherence with regulatory, legal and best practice approaches.
* Financially plans and manages budgets for all areas of responsibility required for delivery of benefit programmes.
* Builds capability within the function to deliver against objectives and build the HR talent pipeline.
* Responsible for the tactical dimensions, direction and implementation of all benefits provision, including:
- Health & Welfare Benefit design
- Health & wellbeing programmes
- Financing and funding (working with local Finance)
- Delivery and employee engagement
- Employee education and communication
- Taxation implications of provision
- Payroll system interaction
- Cost efficiency and structuring of benefit provision (e.g. salary sacrifice)
- Legal and regulatory compliance (e.g. non-discrimination testing, application of changes)
- Benchmarking of total reward
- Investment (with Group Treasury)
- Accounting (with Group Finance)
- Taxation (with Group Tax)
- Provision and maintenance of required information to NGA contact centre, including any training required
* In support of the Benefits Lead/Director, provides consultative advice for the strategic dimensions, direction and implementation of benefits provision.
* Responsible for implementation of effective and efficient governance of benefits programmes (as defined in Policy document), such as:
- Identifying and managing the risks and opportunities inherent in the benefit programmes, including financial, reputational, compliance, taxation/accounting/SOX, operational, talent and fiduciary, with reference to business priorities and direction.
- Tracking of external trends and themes through benchmarking and survey participation and the monitoring of external legal and taxation changes for benefits programmes.
* In consultation and with approval from the Benefits Lead/Regional Benefits Director, responsible for vendor selection and management of in-country 3rd party providers for benefits programmes in accordance with global procurement policies and standards (providers to include strategic, operational and outsourced services).
* Oversees annual or other enrolment activities and approves quality assurance testing
* Assists the Benefits Lead in:
* Triaging 3rd party benefit providers in the efficient execution of transactional benefits consultancy and delivery activities.
* Ensuring that AstraZeneca data held by and transferred from or between third party vendors is appropriately controlled by the third party to AstraZeneca standards for security and privacy.
* Providing advice and support for participant queries relating to Health & Welfare benefits which require complex policy guidance or interpretation.
* Assisting with localizing and disseminating benefits communication materials.
* Analyzing benefits strategy and plan design.
* Engaging all major stakeholders to obtain buy-in for the implementation of changes to benefits strategy as needed.
* Working with the Global Benefits Governance & Wellbeing Director and corporate finance on implementation of the multinational pooling and captive strategy.
* Consults with internal clients to ensure that current and future needs of the business are being met and anticipated.
* Passion for Customers: seeks to understand underlying issues or needs and proactively engages the customer in development or identification of solutions, products or services. Represents the needs of multiple customers in AZ decision making & planning
* Thinks Strategically: thinks more broadly than their role (e.g. externally) and uses this insight to challenge and adapt current approaches / ways of doing things (in role / area)
* Works collaboratively: individual seeks input and demonstrates an appreciation for diverse views by incorporating them into decisions / proposals
* Supports the business in commercial transactions and business change programmes.
* Depending upon experience and relevant capabilities, the Benefits Manager may also be expected to undertake an ambassador role for one or more of the following specialist areas, in collaboration with the nominated Global Benefits Director or Lead
- Employee / Line Manager communications lead
- NGA Content Ownership & Process management
- Wellbeing Ambassador
- Case Handling supervision & first point of escalation
- Data Privacy
* 3rd Party Partner's "system" troubleshooting
- 5 years of experience in health & welfare benefit planning, design, financing and administration
- Broad-based knowledge of policies, process and procedures pertaining to benefits
- Sufficient financial literacy to interact with Finance and Treasury where appropriate
- Necessary people skills to engage, influence and negotiate with the benefits team, major stakeholders and internal clients
- Ability to translate strategy into tactical implementation
- Strong analytical, math and critical thinking skills with a detail orientation
- Sufficient commercial acumen to engage effectively with key stakeholders
- Ability to develop local solutions which drive business outcomes in the context of global guidelines.
- Experience in management of 3rd party providers to required procurement and policy standards
- Project management skills and experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Formal qualification Benefit Management (e.g. IEB or equivalent)
- Post graduate qualification in subject area
- Experience in executing global processes locally
- Experience in working effectively in a global team
- Established networks within regional and local Benefits community
- Ability to participate in the development of holistic, total reward solutions
- Ability to understand drivers of improved business performance in relation to benefits
AstraZeneca - 21 months ago
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals (which does business as AstraZeneca US) can help with a full alphabet of ailments. The company, a subsidiary of...