The Benefits Manager is responsible for developing, implementing and administering new plans, processes, policies and procedures to effectively improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
Essential Job Duty
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities are able to perform the essential functions.
Manages benefits program to include day-to-day administration, open enrollment, benefits education, Intranet benefits website, compliance, claims resolution, change reporting, invoicing and budget management. · Administer various-sponsored benefit programs including health and welfare, disability, FSA, FMLA
Evaluates and prepares recommendations for new benefit plans and/or modifications to existing plans. Oversees benefits compliance with federal and state regulations, staying ahead of Healthcare reform and educating team members on the impact of the legislation. Oversees the design, development and preparation of benefits related reports (e.g., benefit metrics, flexible spending non-discrimination testing, participation analysis, benefit costs). Maintains knowledge of and analyzes government regulations, benefit program trends, and best practices among similar organizations. Audits benefit plans for compliance with government regulations. Analyzes benefits experience for cost-control and risk-assessment factors. Maintains plan documents, summary plan descriptions, communications materials, required legal notices and administrative forms. Manages the annual benefits open enrollment process. Develops and publishes communication materials for program updates. Creates and maintains recordkeeping systems and procedures on insurance coverages, billing, and transfer of data to carriers, 401(k) plans and team member transactions/activities such as new hires, promotions, transfers and terminations. Manages administration of the 401(k) plan, including enrollment of new team members, 401(k) loan or withdrawal processing, communications related to ERISA notifications and investment changes. Partners with our 401(k) plan advisor on providing education on the 401(k) plan to our team members. Assists with the annual Plan audit and oversees the discrimination testing. Oversees the leave administration and steps in to work through issues as they arise. Oversees the preparation and submission of government-mandated reports and communications to team members. Assists the Director of Compensation and Benefits in managing vendor relationships. Occasional travel to regional offices for open enrollment presentations and when transitioning newly acquired companies onto benefit plans.
- Ensure benefit plans are in compliance with all legislation and proactively manage compliance to ensure records, processing and procedures meet or exceed compliance standards (e.g., HIPAA, DOL, etc.)
- Ensure communications to employees are understandable, straightforward and compliant
- Contact for Benefits systems and processing through HRIS database using ADP systems. This includes outsourced vendors.
Skills and Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under Caliber’s insurance policy (Not an excluded driver)
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, oral and written
- Personable, friendly demeanor with “World Class” customer service approach to internal and external customers
- Maintains a well groomed, professional appearance
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and use/read computer keyboard and screen
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel , push/pull, crouch, and reach frequently
- Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and/or caustic chemicals
- Moderate noise levels in this working environment
- Occasionally exposed to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions