In addition to owning and operating hotels, casinos and entertainment complexes, Landry’s Inc. is one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 480 locations in 40 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steakhouse, Morton’s – The Steakhouse, McCormick & Schmick’s, Landry’s Seafood House, The Chart House, Oceanaire, Bubba Gump, and Claim Jumper, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which includes Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto, Brenner’s and more. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses and casinos including The Golden Nugget casinos, The Kemah Boardwalk and the Historic Galveston Pleasure Pier.
Landry’s has an open position for a Benefits Manager at our Corporate Headquarters in the Galleria area of Houston, TX. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to many career opportunities!
- Provide leadership and direction to benefits team.
- E ffectively manage relationships with third-party vendors.
- Responsible for the strategy, research, design, communication, and overall management of the company’s benefits programs.
- Remain current on legislative and IRS changes relative to plan regulations, procedure changes and mandated disclosures
- Provide internal consulting, corporate oversight, and coordination services in managing the company’s benefits program, as well as evaluate the risk exposure to the company.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of complex computer applications that support the collection and the preservation of benefits data.
- Perform benefits evaluation of possible acquisition opportunities pursued by the corporation.
- Establish and develop progressive, competitive benefit programs.
- Assures company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Supervises and/or prepares reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports and/or suggests necessary changes to management
- Ten plus years of experience managing various employee benefits including but not limited to: medical, wellness, life, disability, Retirement, FSA and COBRA in a large corporation
- Five plus years of management experience.
- Expert knowledge of current federal, state regulations specifically health care law and reform provisions.
Education : Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written communication and strong project management skills.
- Ideal candidate will have effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to review and interpret plan documents and contracts;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solid decision making skills, data management skills, and analytical ability.
- Working knowledge of an HRIS/payroll system.
- Working knowledge of employee benefit plan administration, design, funding and communication
- Knowledge of retirement plan regulations and terminology
- Able to adapt promptly to change
- Certified Benefits Professional and/or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) certification is a plus.
- Proven track record for leading benefits teams in transformational environment
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking, hands-on environment.
- Must be able to adapt promptly to change.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.