· Manage the design, implementation, and administration of all benefit programs.
· Oversee the management of benefit plan vendors, including annual benefit vendor renewal and pricing.
· Evaluate company benefits programs for competitiveness and cost effectiveness. Complete analysis and recommend benefit plan changes to leadership.
· Provide management, direction and day-to-day guidance to benefits staff.
· Ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws governing employee benefits (e.g. HIPAA, COBRA, etc.) as well as government-mandated disclosures, reports and filings (e.g. Form 5500’s, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, etc.).
· Ensure effective communication of benefits information to plan participants regarding health and welfare benefit programs and plan changes.
· Serve as subject matter expert on all benefit plans, including assisting with resolving issues, answering plan design related questions, etc.
· Develop systems for collecting, tracking, and reporting benefits data.
· Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
· CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Spec.) designation preferred
· MBA preferred
· 7+ years experience in benefits administration, with at least 5 years as manager of the function.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Working knowledge of benefit laws COBRA, HIPAA, etc.
· Working knowledge of HRIS systems preferred.
· Strong leadership and influencing skills.
· Strategic thinking, with application to rewards and benefits processes/systems.
· Knowledge of plan funding & statistics, with excellent analytical skills.
· Demonstrated experience in negotiating benefit plans and managing benefits vendors.
· Proficiency in clarifying expectations for benefit systems applications (including spreadsheet, database and web-based software).
· Demonstrated experience as the leader in a team oriented work environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
Lifetouch - 2 years ago
When it is picture day at school, and the kids are all lined up with scrubbed faces, odds are that their grins are directed at someone from...