· Manage the design, implementation, and administration of all benefit programs.
· Oversee the management of benefit plan vendors, including annual benefit vendor renewal and pricing.
· Evaluate company benefits programs for competitiveness and cost effectiveness. Complete analysis and recommend benefit plan changes to leadership.
· Provide management, direction and day-to-day guidance to benefits staff.
· Ensure compliance with all Federal and State laws governing employee benefits (e.g. HIPAA, COBRA, etc.) as well as government-mandated disclosures, reports and filings (e.g. Form 5500’s, Summary Plan Descriptions, Summary of Benefits and Coverage, etc.).
· Ensure effective communication of benefits information to plan participants regarding health and welfare benefit programs and plan changes.
· Serve as subject matter expert on all benefit plans, including assisting with resolving issues, answering plan design related questions, etc.
· Develop systems for collecting, tracking, and reporting benefits data.
· Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
· CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Spec.) designation preferred
· MBA preferred
· 7+ years experience in benefits administration, with at least 5 years as manager of the function.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Working knowledge of benefit laws COBRA, HIPAA, etc.
· Working knowledge of HRIS systems preferred.
· Strong leadership and influencing skills.
· Strategic thinking, with application to rewards and benefits processes/systems.
· Knowledge of plan funding & statistics, with excellent analytical skills.
· Demonstrated experience in negotiating benefit plans and managing benefits vendors.
· Proficiency in clarifying expectations for benefit systems applications (including spreadsheet, database and web-based software).
· Demonstrated experience as the leader in a team oriented work environment.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
When it is picture day at school, and the kids are all lined up with scrubbed faces, odds are that their grins are directed at someone from...