This position will be accountable and responsible for
all aspects of implementation and administration of the
benefit programs for Alta Colleges. Investigating and
adhering to state and federal laws and regulations
governing benefits. Acts as a professional resource to
management and staff in conflict resolution for all
matters affecting benefits. Will educate faculty and
staff on the value and proper use of benefits. Analyze
benefit usage to identify means of cost containment.
Responds and resolves customer questions and problems
and delivers quality customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
recommends effective benefits programs that are
- Strategic plan design and review:
- Along with the Sr. Director: formulates, develops and
economically sound, internally equitable and externally
analysis and recommends new programs including wellness
- Monitors industry trends, performs cost/benefit
programs, electronic enrollment systems and safety
to health care and implements required changes in
- Stays current on rapidly changing legislation related
benefit plans ensuring on-going compliance.
annual enrollment renewal.
- Presents recommendations to Executive Officers for
presentations with faculty and staff as needed.
- Prepares and facilitates annual enrollment
understood by management and employees.
- Ensures that benefit programs are communicated and
providers; ensuring effective day-to-day operation of
- Acts as the primary interface with all benefits
accurate and timely payment of invoices, and responsive
resolution of problems.
plan and ensures timely and accurate generation and
- Understands the information flow requirements of each
transmittal of required information to all benefits
administered and comply with government regulations and
- Group Insurance:
- Ensures that the group insurance plans are properly
annual enrollment processes, eligibility, COBRA
- Provides over-sight and administers benefit programs,
administration, communication and compliance.
for enrolling and answers questions.
- Introduces new hires to benefit offerings, deadlines
- Reviews annual stop-loss renewal and adjusts as
policies and state disability programs.
- Coordinates disability policies with paid time off
- Reviews and updates key person insurance plans
leave of absence policies with FMLA and CFRA.
- Leave administration:
- Manages all leave of absence requests alongside the
roles and responsibilities related to leaves of absence
- Works with managers to ensure they understand their
return to work policies.
plan including enrollment, eligibility, communication,
- 401(k) plan administration:
- Manages the administration of the Company’s 401(k)
compliance and annual compliance reporting requirements
including non-discrimination testing, SMM, SAR and
Form 5500 filings.
- Workers compensation:
- Implements and coordinates deployment of safety
location and monitors Central Administration.
- Facilitates ergonomic work station training at each
and modified and full duty return to work process.
- Coordinates first report of injury, periodic updates
review actuals quarterly and adjust reserves as needed.
- Financial reporting:
- Partners with Finance to prepare budget annually,
- Equity plan administration.
and customer service skills, able to work independently
- Knowledge: mathematical aptitude
- Skill: strong management, analytical, communication
and management experience.
- Education: Bachelors degree required.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years benefits administration
able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a
- Ability to multi-task, and change project priorities,
Apply Online: Interested Candidates will be required to
submit a Cover Letter and Resume when applying.
Req. Code : 7928