Precept’s founder and CEO, Wade Olson, established Precept in 1987 as a brokerage firm dedicated to sourcing and delivering health and welfare benefits to employers.
Over the course of 26 years, Precept has listened to the needs of its clients and has responded by adding the services required to meet them. This evolution has resulted in a comprehensive benefits consulting and administration outsourcing firm, serving 250 corporate clients with benefits consulting, procurement, administration outsourcing, health management, retirement and online enrollment services.
The result of Precept’s growth is an organization that is bringing Fortune 100 strategies to middle market companies to control costs, reduce administrative burden, and improve employee attraction and retention.
When you join Precept, you'll not only work with a team of dedicated and highly talented individuals, you'll become a member of a fast-growing company. We pride ourselves on providing a unique and stimulating work environment and are serious about our commitment to every staff member. We employ high-quality and energetic individuals who inspire, encourage and challenge each other every day. It is through this standard that we are able to recruit and retain the best and the brightest people in our industry. We commend our employees for our continued success.
Precept is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Summary
The responsibility of a Benefits Representative I is to ensure our clients’ employees receive quick and accurate responses to inquiries related to their health insurance plans.
- Escalate issues of increased complexity, according to department standards, to the applicable internal client service contact
- Act as a liaison among the member, client, service provider, and the healthcare organization when necessary
- Assist members by helping them decipher benefit plan documents, describing their benefits, explaining the applicable benefit plan policies and/or procedures, and referring them to the appropriate service representatives
- Document member and client communications in the client management services tool according to department standards
- Resolve eligibility-related discrepancies by updating the carriers with the correct information
- Process qualified status changes by sending updated information to the applicable carriers and updating related benefits administration systems
- Assist members with benefit claims resolution by coordinating with the carrier or the assigned benefits administration team member to escalate the claim for further research and completion
- Research and complete daily assigned client services tickets
- Communicate and follow-up with team members regarding outstanding issues or client service management tickets
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality according to department standards
- Excellent customer service and training skills
- Exceptional telephone etiquette and communication skills in a call-center environment including, but not limited to: listening without interrupting, using a clear and audible voice, using an appropriate and inoffensive tone of voice, communicating enthusiastically (when appropriate), using proper grammar and appropriate terms, using language that is easily understood by the receiving participant, and using the proper rate of speed when speaking
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate typing skills (approximately 40 WPM)
- Intermediate computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Ability to communicate and respond calmly and professionally
- Must be able to screen details and identify potential discrepancies
- Must be able to clearly communicate in the English language
- Excels as part of a cooperative, dynamic team, always displaying a positive attitude and a desire to “solve for yes” and provide win-win solutions
- Able to adapt to change, take initiative, manage time effectively, and successfully manage stressful situations
Experience and Education
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- Certification(s) in Human Resources, Benefits, COBRA, or related field is desired
- Minimum three (3) years of employer group benefits administration experience (including administration of employer group benefits at an insurance carrier, broker, and/or Human Resources department)
- Minimum two (2) years in a customer service or call center is required, preferably in a health insurance carrier or Human Resources environment, with minimum one (1) year in a lead or supervisory role
- Active Life Agent License is required or must be obtained within three (3) months from hire date
- HIPAA Certificate must be obtained within one (1) week of hire date
- Advanced knowledge of benefits administration practices and procedures
Precept - 14 months ago