The Benefits Specialist is primarily responsible for administering all aspects of company-wide benefit programs and developing a culture of employee wellness across the organization.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers benefit plans including enrollment, data entry, processing, and HRIS maintenance, monthly bill processing and reconciliations, and monitors compliance of employee benefits programs with all legal requirements (COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.)
- Consults with and advises employees on eligibility, plan provisions, and other benefit related information
- Analyzes and provides recommendations to annual benefit planning process
- Coordinates and administers annual open enrollment process
- Verifies the calculations of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance polices
- Service as primary contact for FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, and Disability; initiates medical and option forms and affidavits; arranges for their completion and submission within time limits
- Keeps abreast of benefit changes and communicates changes to employees
- Participates in new employee orientation and other training as required
- Assist in the design, implementation, and monitoring of the global employee wellness program
- Develops and delivers communications to employees that motivate engagement and behavior change
- Attends and participates in HR and/or Uplift activities as required
This position will have no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration fields preferred. Human Resources background with five plus years of benefits administration and wellness program delivery preferred. Benefits reconciliation experience required.
Ability to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form. Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel with effective public speaking skills before large groups.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook). Ability to use basic office equipment. The ability to learn and use other software as necessary.
Criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment requires close proximity to other employees, frequent interruptions, extended periods of time viewing a computer screen, and noise levels from moderate to high. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education, Inc. retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.