Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. (TMS) is the marketing, sales, distribution and customer service arm of Toyota, Lexus and Scion. Established in 1957, TMS markets products and services through a network of more than 1,500 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealers. Toyota directly employs more than 34,000 people in the U.S. and sold more than 2 million vehicles in 2012.
At Toyota, we're committed to the associates who are part of the Toyota team. We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and exciting opportunities for career development. The TMS team is looking for diverse top-caliber associates who are committed to sustaining our success through continuous improvement and respect for the individual. In our pursuit of becoming the most respected and successful company in the U.S., we are looking for highly motivated applicants for our available positions.
The TMS Benefits Department is looking for a highly motivated Benefits Strategy Manager.
The Benefits Strategy Manager works with HR management to develop and adjust the long term strategy of the medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life, disability, savings plan, pension and other benefit plans for active associates and retirees. Oversees these plans and acts as a liaison for a number of affiliates. Implements the long term benefit strategy and leads the development of annual recommendations for executive approval.
Reporting to the National Compensation and Benefits Manager, the person in this role supervises 2 direct reports. The individual selected will also periodically fill in for Benefits Operations Manager.
· Responsible for all compliance activities in concert with various vendors
· Communicates extensively with internal and external legal staff for the resolution of issues, issue summaries, amendments, advice, and review of communications
· Responsible for all benefits communications that pertain to legally required communications, changes or clarifications to any of our benefits, including open enrollment materials, and education
· Coordinates with Benefits Operations Manager to ensure complete understanding of the issue by the Benefits Resource Center which includes status updates, education and identification of gaps between policy and practice
· Ad hoc projects as needed
· Bachelor's degree
· At least 6-8 years of experience with benefit administration and strategy development
· Benefits expertise, including practical knowledge of ERISA and IRS laws
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong relationship building skills
· Great project management, problem solving and strategic orientation skills
· The ability to bring closure to somewhat ambiguous issues
· Supervisory and/or managerial experience highly desirable
Toyota is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, ancestry, religion, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by law. Toyota hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence status does not include individuals in non-immigrant status (H, B, L, or TN visas) or those with temporary work authorization, such as students in practical training status (F and J visas).
Toyota provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations. Any applicant who, because of a disability or religion, needs reasonable accommodation or other assistance at any point in the application process, or thereafter if hired, should contact the Human Resources Department by sending an email
Your application is covered by the Toyota Associate Dispute Resolution ("T-ADR") Policy. Please click here to review a copy of the T-ADR Policy.
To applicants with a potential relocation:
This position is NOT eligible for TMS Relocation Benefits.
Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) primarily conducts business in the automotive industry. Toyota also conducts business in the finance and...