Job Description |
Open until filled
The Benefits Technician is responsible for maintaining employee benefit and status change information in data systems, responding to employees regarding benefit questions, and assisting the Director during open enrollment and benefit audits.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or related field, with two years of relevant experience; or equivalent work experience.
- See education section above.
- One year of specific work experience in a Human Resources Department, and previous Benefits Technician experience preferred.
- Experience working with Alaska Native/American Indian people preferred.
- AK Drivers License helpful, but not a requirement
- People skills
- Communication skills
- Strong attention to details
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation
- Knowledge of employment law preferred