U.S. News & World Report seeks a Marketing Manager for our Best Cars website in our Washington, D.C. office. The primary duty of this new role is to plan and execute initiatives that build brand awareness with automakers and consumers and to grow our audience over the long term. This is a great opportunity to promote a trusted brand that serves millions of car shoppers each month on the Best Cars website.
U.S. News is a midsize media company, with an 80-year old brand that operates more like an Internet startup. The company’s core mission is to help consumers make better decisions by providing actionable advice and comparisons.
- 5+ years experience in marketing, advertising, communications or related field (automotive industry experience is ideal, though not required)
- Strong research, writing, communication and presentation skills
- Experience working with senior-level executives
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Experience working with Google Analytics or Omniture
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and 401(k) plans. Applicants must provide a cover letter, résumé and 3 references. Please email all materials to email@example.com and include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Find opportunities to grow the Best Cars brand and product awareness with automakers and consumers
- Promote and manage licensing of awards and content to automakers and dealer groups
- Be creative – identify and test low-cost marketing initiatives across variety of channels including online, social media, events
- Lead social media and content marketing efforts, ideally creating content to support these efforts
- Work with PR team to create press releases, define messaging and monitor brand impact
- Measure overall marketing success
- Some travel will be required to meet with automakers and attend industry events
Founded in 1933, the weekly national news magazine U.S.News & World Report is devoted to reporting and to analyzing national and...