POSITION: Beverage Director
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Director/AGM
FLSA STATUS: Salaried-Exempt
SMG/SAVOR…Chicago, the leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Beverage Director. This position is responsible for overseeing and managing all Alcoholic Beverage functions, including, maximizing the beverage department profitability; implementing effective beverage and labor costs and monitoring the beverage department’s budget operations, including achieving budgeted revenue and labor expense inventory levels.
• Establishes Beverage and operational needs for assigned Banquet events.
• Schedules labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed and labor cost objectives are met.
• Serves as purchasing agent for all Beer, Liquor, and Wine for all beverage events.
• Generates operations consumption report for billing and inventory tracking
• Responsible for cash handling polices and cash deposits for related bar sales
• Reviewing operational plans to recommend number of bars/locations for best guest experience
• Responsible for security of liquor inventory at all times
• Operations contact with vendors researching new products to stay current with industry trends while complying with companies purchasing guidelines
• Physical inventory
• COG analysis and ideal food cost calculation report
• Prepares alcohol requisitions for all catering “hosted” and “cash” functions throughout the day.
• Completes all financial paperwork pertaining to operations bars and makes cash deposits.
• Develops and implements basic operating standards for Alcohol compliance with federal, state, local and SMG/SAVOR...Chicago’s own practices and Alcohol Awareness Training and Compliance.
• Conducts departmental training for staff, directs, coaches and counsels staff on all beverage operations while communicating effectively the performance of the staff.
• Must be energetic, outgoing leader that is self-disciplined with a strong sense of initiative, is detail oriented and has a passion for delivering exceptional guest service.
• Must be knowledgeable of State and Local Alcohol ordinances and the implementation of these ordinances
• Overall management leadership to operation as needed to support needs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food & Beverage Management or related field desired
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in management level position in Food & Beverage or equivalent training experience.
• Ability/flexibility to work 50-60+ hours per week, including early mornings, late nights, evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
• Sustainability leader with strong industry knowledge
• Solid understanding of inventory control system
• Proven successful supervisory and leadership experience
• Prior experience in an Union environment
• Excellent computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues
• BASSET and Serve Safe certified
• Meet physical demands of standing and walking 5-6 hours per shift
• Strong written, verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
consideration and may be sent to:
No Phone Calls
SMG/SAVOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SMG World - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard