The Beverage Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the restaurants beverage program.
- Accomplishes restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and counseling employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Monitor daily scheduling process to ensure appropriate staffing levels to maintain customer service levels and profit goals
- Evaluate performance of beverage outlets by measuring guest satisfaction, volume, revenue, and cost in order to implement necessary changes to allow the most successful operation of services and fulfillment of company objectives.
- Ensures that all service staff members and bartenders serve and handle alcohol responsibly and in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
- Manage the safety, sanitation, and cleanliness practices of all FOH and bar operations in the restaurant
- Remains current on beverage trends as it relates to fine dining restaurants
- Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Controls costs and maximizes bar profitability by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Development and management of liquor, beer, and wine par levels
- Ordering and inventory of all liquor, beer, wine, and FOH supplies
- Creates and maintains relationships with vendors to acquire the best quality product.
- Functions as front of house manager during shifts and ensures proper service standards are met for each and every guest
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the General Manager
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum three years of beverage management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of liquor, beer, wine and cocktails.
- Experience working in a fast paced, fine dining environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- GED or High School diploma required
- Bachelors degree preferred but not required
Loews Hotels - 17 months ago