An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. We offer great opportunities to build and grow into a professional culinary expert while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments. The right candidate will have graduated from a hospitality or culinary school, posses a strong work ethic, have attention to detail, must be hospitality driven and customer focused.
The New Restaurant Concept
Patina Restaurant Group’s unnamed project in the Empire State Building is positioned to anchor Herald Square and lower Midtown’s growing culinary landscape.
The restaurant is a highly-invested, complete build-out and expansion of an existing restaurant space with each detail and material thoughtfully sourced and designed. The distinctive interior expresses a dialogue between art deco and modern architecture which echoes the Empire State Building’s strong aesthetics.
The main, 2,800 square foot, street-level space includes a central bar nestled between a 100 seat dining room and open kitchen with efforts taken to maximize sightlines and include the kitchen within the dining experience. The operators anticipate a lively breakfast, exclusive lunch, sophisticated bar crowd, and intimate dinner service where each table is a prized “good table.” In addition to daily a la carte operations, building catering services and private events will be key areas for attention and development.
The 6,400 square foot downstairs space, reached via private elevator, features three versatile event spaces, an expansive prep & catering kitchen and custom storage facilities. The private rooms will host a variety of client events, while serving as a vibrant onsite resource for the Empire State Building’s growing tenant portfolio.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a full service, high volume restaurant with a focus on bar operations
• One-year prior inventory cost/control experience
• Must be a self starter
• Impeccable service standards and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communications skills
• Working knowledge of Culinary and Bartender Union Contracts
• Knowledge of cash registers and other front of the house equipment
• Computer skills helpful
• Professional, polished appearance with the ability to interact with all types of guests
• Food safety certificate
• Must speak, read, write and understand English
• Must be able to perform basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
• Continually monitor all daily sales, ordering, par levels and costs for outlets.
• Comprehensive knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits
• Conduct departmental meetings
• Develop positive vendor relations
• Create, monitor and implement action plans to maximize revenue.
• Maintain par levels for each beverage outlet.
• Responsible for creating and updating the cocktail list.
• Monitor and follow-up on employee training.
• Have working knowledge of I.P. ordering system, Micros system and bar systems.
• Complete special projects as requested by Food and Beverage management
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
• Be able to prioritize and organize
• Must be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times
• Control labor expenses based on business levels. Consistently demonstrate excellent people skills when dealing with employees and guests.
• Encourage and motivate employees.
• Be accessible and available to employees.
• Resolve guest complaints.
• Communicate with Engineering to ensure quality physical appearance of each beverage outlet.
• Present needs of the department to the General Manager and the Assistant General Manager.
• Ensuring a neat, clean and safe working environment.
• Ensure that employees adhere to established procedures.
• Have comprehensive working knowledge of company invoice tracking, labor tracking, schedule preparation, labor cost management, inventory control and hiring/counseling/termination policies
• Maintain accurate paperwork for inventory levels, scheduling, payroll and employee records.
• Ensure employees have valid work cards while they are working.
• Provide Human Resources with the necessary information to keep personnel files current.
• Responsible for counseling all employees. Ensure all supervisors maintain consistency of rule enforcement.
• Competitive compensation package
• Major medical insurance options
• Dental, Vision and life insurance
• Paid vacation
• Matching 401K program
• Company Dining program
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE.