Come Do Your Best Work Here!
Caesars Entertainment , Inc. is the world's largest provider of branded casino entertainment. Since its beginning in Reno , Nevada almost 70 years ago, Caesars has grown through development of new properties, expansions and acquisitions. On June 13, 2005, Harrah’s Entertainment acquired Caesars Entertainment, Inc. and now owns or manages through various subsidiaries more than 54 casinos in five countries, primarily under the Harrah's, Caesars and Horseshoe brand names. With nearly 4 million square feet of casino space, more than 40,000 hotel rooms and nearly 100,000 employees, the Caesars portfolio is the most diverse in the gaming industry. Caesars Entertainment is focused on building loyalty and value with its customers through a unique combination of great service, excellent products, unsurpassed distribution, operational excellence and technology leadership.
Bugsy Siegel’s desert dream, the Flamingo , has anchored the Las Vegas Strip since they started rolling dice in 1946. More than sixty years later, we’re still looking for fresh faces to help us surprise our guests with unexpected fun and excitement. This inclusive resort provides you the perfect opportunity to entertain our guests as they stay in over 3,500 rooms and suites and play in our 77,000 square foot casino, and 15 acre backyard tropical retreat. The confident and vivacious will find the Flamingo as the place to be.
The Beverage Manager supervises the beverage management team, delegates assignments/ duties, develops and maintains all menus specialty drinks for restaurants and bars. Works to accomplish departmental goals, strategies, and objectives, while assuring quality product, maximum guest satisfaction and maintaining budgetary profit margins. Directly supervises Asst. Beverage Managers and Supervisors; indirectly supervises Bartenders, Cocktail Servers, Apprentices, and Bar Porters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures sufficient staffing of all bar areas and conducts training of Bartenders,
- Cocktail Servers, Bar Backs, and Bar Porters.
- Establishes policies and procedures for beverage staff, to include safety and personal hygiene.
- Prepares various cost and revenue reports.
- Maintains inventory and cost control.
- Ensures that employees have all required certification validated.
- Enforces the standards of appearance, grooming and image guidelines of beverage personnel.
- Design and direct special event beverage service set-up.
- Perform routine inspection of all bar areas and equipment.
- Review and adjust all department reports prior to submittal to management.
- Interview, hire, commend, discipline and/or terminate beverage employees as required in compliance with established use of progressive discipline.
- Attend departmental meetings and administrative hearings as required.
- Obtain supplies from storage and/or the warehouse, for bar areas as needed, between stock deliveries.
- Additional related duties as requested by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Work prefers a degree in Beverage Management.
- Work requires at least 5 years food and beverage experience and/or training or equivalent combination of same.
- Work prefers at least 3 years supervisory experience.
- Work requires effective communication in English, both verbal and written form in a professional manner.
- Must present a neat and professional appearance.
- Work requires interactions with customers, public and co-workers.
- Work requires schedule flexibility which may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Work requires knowledge of computer programs including: Word, Excel, Windows, and LMS
Fast paced, high volume environment involving constant interaction with staff and public. Shifts may vary based on business needs. Must be able to handle intoxicated guests in a professional manner. Must be able to tolerate secondary tobacco smoke.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Caesars Entertainment reserves the right to make changes to the job description whenever necessary.
As a part of Caesars Entertainment’s employment process, finalist candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check prior to an offer being extended. Caesars Entertainment Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Caesars Entertainment - 17 months ago
Caesars Entertainment Corporation (formerly Harrah's Entertainment) likes to spread its bets. The firm owns and/or operates more than...