Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Alta Bicycle Share operates approximately 1100 bikes at over 110 stations in the Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and Brookline area in 2013.
Alta Bicycle Share, on-the-ground operators of the Hubway bike sharing program is seeking an experienced Bicycle Service Technician to help with all aspects of bicycle assembly, maintenance, and repair. Training on technical and unique aspects of Hubway bikes will be provided. Bicycle Service Technicians will ride between stations to provide on the spot maintenance and technical assistance to help ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Hubway system.
- Works alone or with other Street Team members under the guidance of the Bicycle Service Department Manager.
- Rides a bicycle throughout city to check status and perform routine maintenance on bicycles.
- Evaluates bike condition, and escalates issues, as needed.
- Inspects bike stations for safety, operability, and cleanliness.
- Works with Customer Service and Bike Service teams to ensure timely and productive workflows.
- Some data entry, for inventory tracking purposes.
- Keeps a positive relationship with all co-workers.