Dorel Recreational/Leisure Segment
Carle Place, NY
The Bike Tech, (BT), is responsible for insuring that all repairs, maintenance, and new bike builds are correctly and safely completed in a timely manner to insure customer satisfaction and safety. They will efficiently work on a project list to expediently handle jobs in a logical order to maximize the customer experience while minimizing time spent on each project. They may be required to sell and assist the sales team on the floor as well as maintain the stock both on the floor and in the back room.
Ø Must be able walk/stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours per day.
Ø Must be able to climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, works near dust or airborne particles
Ø Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time.
Ø Must be able to travel for business throughout US and Internationally.
Ø Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs consistently
Ø Must be able to ride a bicycle
Ø Climbing ladders and reaching over head height may be required
§ Meeting and/or exceeding productivity goals
§ Managing the store assets professionally, tools, inventory, parts, items, as well as customer owned goods
§ Inventory of the shop area
§ Comply with local, state, and federal laws
§ Comply with company policies and procedures
§ Timely completion of work orders to insure customer satisfaction
§ Insuring adequate testing and safety measures for the shop, the repairs/builds, and the general store area
§ Other duties as assigned by the store manager
Duties and Responsibilities
· Bicycle mechanical background and retail sales background
· Assists store manager in recruiting, hiring, and training and develops a motivated team.
· Knowledge and experience in using computer systems
· Maintains high stock keeping and housekeeping standards in store, shop, and stockroom
· Insures proper inventory levels in the shop area
· Delivers on all performance measures consistently, hour utilization, average repair time, inventory accuracy, add-on sales.
· Utilizes good judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with situations where there will be various paths to best solution, based on experience, brand development, customer satisfaction, and profitability.
· Demonstrates exceptional customer satisfaction skills, resolves conflicts and issues in a timely manner for mutual benefit at store level.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Seeks appropriate approvals when necessary to complete tasks or when demonstrating initiative on a new task.
· Must be able to read, write, and speak clearly in English, although some locations may require a bi-lingual skill, (Spanish), as well to effectively communicate with staff and customers.
· Ability to multi-task in a high volume environment.
· Build positive relationship with peers, subordinates, customers and suppliers.
· Continuously evaluates processes and results and search for methods of improvement, communicating if necessary.
- 1-3 years of bicycle repair experience required
- High school graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
· Understanding of bicycle maintenance and operation
· Ability to use power tools in a safe manner
· Passion for fitness and cycling
· Competitive, entrepreneurial, organized and collaborative
Cannondale - 16 months ago