Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in the hardware and home improvement industry. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to a chain of stores throughout California and is now venturing into the Portland, Oregon area. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
With the opening of our new stores in the Portland, Oregon market, Orchard will be providing on-site bicycle repair to our customers. This will be in addition to our other in-store services offering that include custom cutting service, knife sharpening, rescreening and re-keying. We are looking for a trained Bicycle Technician that will become the in-store go to expert on bicycle repair for our customers. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly assess the problem, suggest a solution and then provide a repair service that meets the highest quality standards. It’s all about helping our cycling customers get back on the road in a fast, friendly and expert manner. Candidates should enjoy interacting with people, can work under pressure, and most importantly has a positive can-do attitude.
1. Determine customer bicycle repair needs, suggest repair solution and provide a cost estimate for the required repairs.
2. Service and repair customers' bicycle in accordance with standard industry practices and company guidelines.
3. Complete all required documentation for bicycle repairs accurately and within company guidelines.
4. Resolve customer issues efficiently and tactfully.
5. Maintains inventory of bicycle repair parts and orders parts as required from established local bicycle parts distributor.
6. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
7. Adheres to safety procedures in regard to tools and equipment used for the job.
8. Provide customer service assistance in the Workbench area when not working on a customer's bicycle repair.
· Must be over 18 years of age
· High school graduate or equivalent GED
· 2 years of tech experience working on high quality bikes, shocks, suspension and wheels; be open to further training
· Certification from the United Bicycle Institute is preferred; completion of the certification program will be required after hire.
· Personal interest in cycling, bicycle repair and bicycle parts
· Excellent customer service skills with the ability to quickly assess a repair and provide an accurate estimate
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
· Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...