The Contracts & Proposal Manager will review and analyze all incoming bid and proposal opportunities and coordinate the proposal preparation process for the Federal, State, Local Government and Education Sales Teams. The Contracts & Proposal Manager will review the terms and conditions in the Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Quote (RFQ), or Request for Information (RFI) with senior management and legal as appropriate, to determine and assess risks.
- Identifying any concerns that might be a consideration for “no bidding” the opportunity and bring these concerns forward to the appropriate Account Manager, Sales Manager, and/or Senior Sales Manager.
- Reviewing the terms and conditions for the bid or proposal with senior management (President, and Director of Contracts & Compliance) for risk review and mitigation discussions.
- Interacting with internal and external personnel, such as but not limited to: Services group, Product Marketing Managers, Buyers, Consultants and Contractors involved in completing the proposal response.
- Work with bid and proposal team members, as assigned on a case by case basis and overseeing entire proposal preparation effort to create a complete, compliant and comprehensive customer response within established time constraints, and ensure timely delivery of the proposal.
- Continuously work with Account Managers and the sales team to create and maintain quality boilerplate documentation including: up-to-date company information (i.e. articles, quarterly and yearly financial reporting, most recent award articles, etc.) for maintaining up-to-date proposal response material.
Minimum of 5 years of Bid, Contract and Proposal experience
College degree or equivalent business experience
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to interact at all levels both within and outside the organization
Experience in sales or sales operations
Experience with Federal, State and Local Government, and Education contracts/agencies a must
Experience with FAR Part 8 and GSA schedule
Familiarity with JDE, Callback, Product Wizard, and/or Ingram Micro helpful
Knowledge of Microsoft applications in order to be proficient in document preparation a must