Full time big data architect and developer working in a devops-oriented environment to maintain, optimize, and evolve AWeber's use of various database technologies, including Hadoop, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL and various NoSQL products, including MongoDB, Redis, and Riak.
Our web-based email marketing platform is in use by over 120,000 active customers, and requires a focus on proper platform architecture, uptime, performance, and security. Our team includes sharp engineers who appreciate wizard level database skills, continuous learning, experimentation and a lust for creating and utilizing cutting edge technologies. We welcome those who share these passions to apply.
- Experience in a production environment using Hadoop and/or ElasticSearch
- Production experience with at least 2 of the following: MongoDB, Redis, Riak, CouchDB, Memcache, Cassandra, BigTable, SimpleDB
- Minimum 3 years of practical hands-on experience with system and/or database administration, backup and recovery, performance tuning and high-availability solutions in a Linux environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Be assertive and have good communication skills.
- Comfortable working in an informal, high-energy team environment.
- Aid in architecture, implementation, and maintenance of production Hadoop and ElasticSearch deployments.
- Establish policies and procedures pertaining to database management, security, maintenance and utilization.
- Consult as to data processing technology suitability for new projects and products, and establish best practices for their use.
- Data backup & recovery strategies, including best practices & tools for backup testing and verification of data integrity.
- Perform installations, configurations, upgrades, and migrations.
- Work with engineers to perform automated provisioning for "big data" technologies like Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, ElasticSearch, ZooKeeper, etc.
- Be part of a team that provides 24x7 coverage for the production environment.
- Perform capacity planning for application growth.
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, schemas and guides for troubleshooting database systems.
- Research and evaluate new technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements.
We develop and manage email marketing and newsletter software for over 120,000 small businesses, bloggers, nonprofits, and other customers around the world.
We're in Chalfont, PA, nestled in the heart of scenic Bucks County, in the suburbs of Philadelphia. While this position may require occasional travel, the majority of your time will be spent working on-site with AWesome people in our state-of-the-art headquarters. So you'll need to be located in the Philadelphia area or willing to relocate here.
- 100% Company Paid PPO medical, dental, vision, insurance. (including domestic partner benefits).
- Company Paid Short Term Disability Insurance.
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Fully Reimbursed Gym Memberships.
- 3 weeks paid time off (plus increases in paid time off).
- Paid holidays.
- 401K retirement benefits with company match and profit sharing.
- Free lunches every day.
- Break rooms stocked with soda, juices, coffee and teas.
- MacBook Pro laptops and 30" monitors.
- Multiple high definition theater rooms fully equipped with Xbox, Wii & Blu-Ray players.
- A game room with competition billiard, foosball, and ping-pong tables.
Headquartered in Chalfont, Pennsylvania, AWeber Communications is an application service provider that manages opt-in email follow-up and...