GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
We are looking for a Big Data Architect to join our team. In this role, you will work with business stakeholders to understand data availability and data analysis needs to support business processes.
You will collaborate with technologists from enterprise architecture, application architecture, and platform architecture teams to drive data architecture and make technology choices. In addition, you will be responsible for building sustainable solutions to support fast growing data volume and ensure data quality and data accessibility.
We are looking for a seasoned technologist who has extensive experience and broad skill set in solutioning large software systems for scalability and performance. You will need to have the aptitude to be the visionary in enterprise data storage and data access in a distributed environment and data analytics on multi-structured data.
- Bachelor’s degree in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum 12 years of experience with architecting systems OR Master’s degree in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 8 years of experience with architecting systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Hadoop or MapReduce.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience with open source software platforms and languages.
- Experience and broad technology skill set in the big data and data analytics domain.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation.
- Willingness to pursue new technical areas and work in different application areas.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP).
- Hands on experience with Teradata.
- Experience/Extensive knowledge with Process Historian data storage.
Imagine what GE will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on
the "Apply to job" button below.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 19 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...