We are seeking an experienced Big Data Architect to join our team at our Dallas, TX (Addison) headquarters.
data (structured and unstructured), including streaming real-time data.
- Design and build scalable infrastructure and platform to collect and process very large amounts of
(including partners, customers and researchers).
- Work closely across an array of various teams and organizations in the company and industry
- 10+ years of software development experience using multiple computer languages. Experience building large scale distributed data processing systems/applications or large-scale internet systems (cloud computing).
- Strong foundational knowledge and experience with distributed systems and computing systems in general. Hands-on engineering skills.
- Experience with a range of big data architectures, including OpenStack, Hadoop, Pig, Hive or other big data frameworks.
- Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, Mahout).
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to lead initiatives and people toward common goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, higher degrees preferred.