WebHue is a Big Data analytics company that provides measurement and insights into multi-channel retail and marketing. We work with clients like Sears and Microsoft to help them map their business goals to insights and measurable actions. Our DataMesh platform allows clients the ability to integrate large volumes of data, collect data in real-time from ad impression to purchase, and other innovated business intelligent features that we’re cooking up.
As a Big Data Engineer you will design and develop server-side code for our DataMesh platform. You are a well-rounded developer with a proven track record of delivering scalable and robust applications using web and Big Data technologies. You must be capable of designing and developing significant new functionality as well as consistently producing on-going sustaining maintenance releases.
- Design, develop and maintain applications
- Deliver highly scalable and reliable business applications using latest technologies.
- Maintain existing applications by implementing new features and fixing critical bugs.
- Collaborate with other engineers on code reviews, internal infrastructure, and process enhancements.
- Integrate DataMesh with third-party analytics/data applications, CRM, or other business applications.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field. In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive programming experience in Java, C/C++, PHP or Python with strong object oriented design skills.
- Experience with Big Data technologies: Hadoop,Hbase, MongoDB, NoSql, MapReduce
- Excellent communication skills, particularly those relating to complex findings and presenting them to ensure audience appeal at various levels of the organization
- Development experience in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- Knowledge of session management, database design and SQL, object relational mapping, XML web services, and agile development methodologies.
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests.
WebHue - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard