Rosetta Stone builds data driven products designed to achieve meaningful outcomes for our learners. We have large volumes of data and the ability to instrument applications to get new and different types of data and we’re committed to understanding and using that data to creating effective, efficient, and engaging learning experiences.
As a Big Data Engineering Lead, you will be responsible for working with our data scientists and adaptive learning software engineers to deploy and scale data intensive analytics and modeling systems. You will be familiar with a wide variety of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data mining techniques and you’ll have what it takes to implement, deploy, and scale them to work on petabytes of data at near real-time speeds. Your technical leadership will be critical to help Rosetta Stone realize the vision of delivering optimal learning experiences that help our learners succeed. You will be measured by how effectively you help us to maximize the rate at which we can leverage the volumes of data that we capture towards that goal.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The position is full-time and can be based in our San Francisco, Austin, Boulder, Arlington or Harrisonburg offices.
• Seamlessly integrate all available data into our data platform and make it easily usable.
• Work with data scientists and adaptive learning software engineers to implement, deploy, and scale complex data analytics and modeling systems.
• Work with systems teams to scale, monitor, and operate our data platform for very high availability and performance.
• Proven track record of building, deploying, and managing systems that leverage massive amounts of data to drive complex decisions in real-time.
• Excellent architectural and system design skills.
• Mastery of big data technologies such as Hadoop (mapreduce, HBase, Hive, Flume, Pig, etc.), MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
• Mastery of at least one modern programming language (Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.).
• Experience with Java development in the Hadoop framework.
• Experience with statistical programming environments like R or Matlab.
• Experience with AWS.
• Three or more years of industry experience is a plus.
• Passion for education and language learning.
• Obsessive focus on the customer.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Rosetta Stone - 18 months ago
Everything we do at Rosetta Stone revolves around a simple idea: learning a language should be fun, easy and effective.