Big Data is all the rage these days and there's certainly no shortage of companies offering exciting positions to work with petabytes using the latest technologies. But, not all Big Data is created equal! At Dachis Group, our data analytics platform delivers meaningful social insights for the world's largest companies and most valuable brands. Specifically, we analyze the relationships, behaviors, and conversations between 30,000 brands and 100M social accounts every 15 minutes. So yeah, our data is big, but it's also complex--filled with business intelligence just waiting to be discovered.
As a core member of the Big Data team @ Dachis Group, you will be challenged daily with fun, mind-bending problems in distributed graph processing, text mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and data management. You'll also get to work side-by-side and learn from experts in these areas; many of our team members are published authors in fields related to NoSQL, search, and large-scale machine learning. Moreover, we work with hot Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Pig, Cassandra, Oozie, and cloud services. Our lean-startup driven team practices Kanban and dev-ops is central to our engineering process. Your great ideas and hard work are delivered to our customers in hours to days, not weeks to months.
Requirements & Skills:
To be successful on our team, you will need to have real-world, hands-on experience with several of the following technologies:
- Hadoop (Have you written at least one Map/Reduce job from scratch besides word-count in any language?)
- Large-scale data processing with Pig (preferred) or Hive and a job workflow engine like Oozie
- NoSQL, preferably distributed peer stores like HBase and Cassandra
- Text mining and/or NLP and/or Machine Learning (any framework, any language)
- Statistical analysis with Python, R or similar
- Relational data analysis using SQL and OLAP databases (star schemas, data warehouses)
We assume you have a solid foundation in computer science, data structures / algorithms, and development in a -nix environment. Most importantly, you need to bring your passion about data and all the wonderful possibilities available in analyzing social data at scale.
- Members of the Big Data team at Dachis Group must be versatile and willing to master new technologies and processes. Here are some of the primary tasks each member of the team is expected to contribute to:
- Developing Pig scripts and custom MapReduce jobs to measure business outcomes from social media
- Designing complex data processing workflows involving Cassandra, Pig, Oozie, Mahout, and Hadoop
- Performing experiments and analyzing results to improve the performance and quality of our algorithms
- Working closely with product management team to develop summary reports and data visualizations using R, Excel, and SQL
- Constantly learning and experimenting with APIs and data provided by social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube
There are also opportunities to own key algorithms in our data analytics toolset, including sentiment analysis, topic-modeling, and numerous semi-supervised classification problems. Lastly, we're interested in stream processing technologies like storm and distributed graph processing frameworks like giraph, so if you have experience with these, please let us know!
Dachis Group is the global leader in data-driven social marketing solutions. Built on a proprietary big data analytics platform, Dachis Group’s social performance measurement and amplification software applications, collaborative insights and reporting capabilities, and world leading data-driven social marketing solutions group help the world’s largest brands engage@scale with their customers.
Every day, Dachis Group’s big data social analytics platform monitors over 10 billion social behaviors and 50 million+ social signals in real-time. Dachis Group delivers powerful insights by tracking, monitoring and helping manage conversations and content across 35,000 brands, 100 million social accounts, and an aggregate audience of 7 billion followers, fans, subscribers and contributors from 233 countries across dozens of the largest social platforms.
The company serves many of the world’s largest brand marketers and their agencies including Disney, Estée Lauder, US Cellular, Hewlett Packard, Nestlé, and Nokia.
Dachis Group - 15 months ago
- 14 days ago
Big Data Analyst
- 18 days ago
Keller Williams Realty Inc.
Keller Williams Realty Inc.
- 16 days ago