While most people think of TV shows when they think of Hulu, at Hulu we pride ourselves in being a technology company first. Over the last year, we've scaled our service to handle over 30 million users and over 1 billion streams per month. We've architected a content distribution platform to store, transcode, and deliver petabytes of video on commodity hardware. We even managed to launch our own video ad server while building a subscription service that provides users with unfettered access to their favorite shows on PCs, TVs, gaming consoles, and mobile devices.
We're looking for a Big Data system administrator to help manage and build out our Big Data clusters which leverage Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies. Hulu's Big Data needs are constantly growing and we need to continually expand, scale, and architect new Big Data infrastructure to meet the growing demands.
At Hulu, influence is a function of the strength of your ideas and technical skills, more than your job title. An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for technology are critical to succeeding in this position.
- Manage a fast growing population of Big Data clusters at Hulu, using Hadoop, HBase and other NoSQL technologies
- Architect, build, and scale Big Data infrastucture to meet the needs of all data consumers at Hulu
- Develop and maintain operational best practices for smooth operation of Big Data clusters
- Collaborate with researchers, application engineers, and product managers in an open, creative environment
- Strong knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and associated components - Hive, HBase, Zookeeper, Flume
- Strong knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as Nagios and Ganglia
- Strong knowledge supporting, installing, and configuring Linux based systems
- Strong knowledge of scripting with Unix shell, Python, Java
Hulu - 19 months ago
Hulu is a go-to service for online TV. The company operates an ad-supported website Hulu.com that allows viewers to watch online video...