General Description of Duties:
The Bilingual Care Manager is responsible for coordinating the care of SALUD patients that are stratified as “high risk”, with emphasis on those enrolled in the Accountable Care Collaborative (ACC). The aim is to improve patient health and reduce health care costs. Their primary role will be developing comprehensive care plans that address the medical and social needs of each patient.
The Bilingual Care Manager will work closely with SALUD patients, SALUD clinics, local community hospitals, community members and partnering agencies. The Care Manager will work in a team-based approach, interacting with various staff members across departments, as well as supporting patients and their families to facilitate self-management, self-efficacy, and behavior change. The Bilingual Care Manager will adhere to the spirit of the SALUD mission statement while performing assigned duties.
Works under the direct supervision of the Accountable Care Manager.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Assist in risk stratification of high risk Salud patients, with an emphasis on patients
enrolled in the ACC.
- Make initial contact with patients assigned to the ACC.
- Assist in assessing patient’s medical, dental, behavioral, and social needs.
- Develop a comprehensive care program for patients, with referrals to internal and
- Provide care management, follow-up and support services to high risk Salud patients,
with an emphasis on ACC patients.
- Assist patients with applying and accessing assistance programs.
- Provide on-going individualized support to patients in the ACC.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and flourish without extensive supervision.
- Detail oriented, able to coordinate and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, data management and documentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with an interdisciplinary healthcare team including primary care
providers, medical support staff, behavioral health workers and other healthcare
- Knowledge of community resources and application process.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge and skills including proficiency in Microsoft office programs
(Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Willingness to learn new software programs and work processes.
- Working knowledge of office equipment such as copiers, scanners, digital cameras, fax
- Commitment to working with the underserved.
- Sensitivity to low income and ethnic minority community a must.
- Bachelor's Degree in social work or a health-related field, preferred.
- Experience in care management, patient navigation or social work experience preferred.
- Experience in a community health setting or with underserved populations preferred.
It is required to submit an online application to be considered for this position at: www.saludclinic.org