This job exists to: Provide direct nursing care to our patients, assist the providers and pod team members and provide support to the Nurse Team Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist Nurse Team Managers with pod patient flow, including nurse visits and group visits.
· Utilize nursing process; provide professional nursing care in a clinic setting.
· Assist in establishing nursing care plans; participate as member of health care team planning for and providing optimal patient care.
· Provide safe, comfortable, therapeutic environment for patients and families.
· Educate patients on prevention of disease and promotion of health maintenance.
· Identify changes in clinical signs and symptoms in life threatening situations and initiate appropriate measures.
· Evaluate outcome of patient care, consult with other professionals as required, and adjust nursing care processes as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
· Maintain own daily schedule of patients.
· Assist other members of the team.
· Administer medications.
· Assist with OSHA, CLIA and the Cancer Screening Programs.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
A. Education / Experience
1. RN licensure from an accredited school required.
2. Two years experience in community health preferred.
B. Knowledge, skills and abilities:
1. Ability to flourish in a team management system.
2. Sensitivity to low income, ethnic minority community.
3. Bilingual in Spanish required.
4. Strong computer skills.